New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.5.4 release.

Jos

• Moderators

SkySnake,

As Au3Check is a relatively simple syntax checker, you can often get errors signalled in lines other than where the original error occurred. If you keep getting the same error for different Func lines when you move them to the top of the script, that would suggest that the error is actually in the lines 1-27 ABOVE that point. What is in those lines?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here
  ; Script Start - Add your code below here
; include file for tar.au3 - NOT A STANDALONE FILE
; config - this deals with the SQLITE database file and file management
;

#include-once

;***************************************************************
; System Setup Config display
;
;
;*********************************************************

I kid you not... these are line 1-39 - prior to this will be the "end" of the previous include...

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

• Moderators

SkySnake,

Can you let me see the files concerned (via PM if necessary) so I can try and run them myself.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

I know how to compare sources with WinMerge and prefer not having to look at an image for that :) , but haven't found the time to really sit and compare and honestly was looking for the input from Yashied as it was his proposal for change anyways.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'am using newer SciTE4AutoIt and SciTEConfig 15.503.1200.0

in SciTEConfig 

1. go to Edit Colors tab
  2. Change Selected Text Color "Fore" to black
  3. Change Selected Text Color "Back" to middle blue
  4. Save+Apply

I notice that  "Fore" color did not change right away.
Even after S4AU3 restart this color is not changed.

ps. "Back" color is set correctly - right away.

Edited by mLipok
typo

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I mean "Selected Text Color" label

so the "Fore" is:

Global $H_Selection_Color = GUICtrlCreateButton("Fore", $BaseX + 170, $BaseY + 20, 50, 20)

but nevermind.

Today at my Client Office I was using a bad old LCD monitor, so I try to change the colors but nothing was satisfying, so after quarter of an hour trials, for multiple monitors I made this post.
Actually I made few more test on my home new LED monitor with few other colors combination, and this seams all is OK.

Sorry for confusion.

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

When I use:

#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /rsln /SCI=9

Then I get information like this:

0.08 ==> Start Add_Include: Include_Rec$:#include "FileConstants.au3"

0.08 ==> Loading Include file into source Array:c:\program files\autoit3\include\fileconstants.au3

I have a proposal/feature request:

Can this information show additional information like this:

0.08 ==> Start Add_Include:  Include_Rec$:#include "FileConstants.au3"    Encoding=$FO_UTF8
0.08 ==> Loading Include file into source Array:c:\program files\autoit3\include\fileconstants.au3

It would help me to diagnosis: Where I still have some issues with encoding in my scripts.
I thnik I can fix it manually but I need to know which file is the bad one.

mLipok

EDIT:
I have an issue where Au3Stripper produce : myScript_stripped.au3 with $FO_UTF8 despite the fact that I have examined, I hope all my UDF files, and I'm sure those that are checked are encoded with $ FO_UTF8_NOBOM, however, quite possible that I missed something.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

When I use:

#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /rsln /SCI=9

EDIT:

I have an issue where Au3Stripper produce : myScript_stripped.au3 with $FO_UTF8 despite the fact that I have examined, I hope all my UDF files, and I'm sure those that are checked are encoded with $ FO_UTF8_NOBOM, however, quite possible that I missed something

​You should get this warning when loading a UTF8 With BOM include in an AscII or UTF80WithoutBom file:

0.02 ==> Loading Include file into source Array:d:\development\autoit3\programs\test\utf8\test-utf8b.au3
!> Include file is encoded in UTF8 and Main is ASCII, which could lead to encoding issue. Please check the generated outputfile

You don't get that?

The Outputfile should have the same encoding as the Input MainScript.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

​You should get this warning when loading a UTF8 With BOM include in an AscII or UTF80WithoutBom file:

0.02 ==> Loading Include file into source Array:d:\development\autoit3\programs\test\utf8\test-utf8b.au3
!> Include file is encoded in UTF8 and Main is ASCII, which could lead to encoding issue. Please check the generated outputfile

You don't get that?

No. I do not notice this in my cases.

The Outputfile should have the same encoding as the Input MainScript.

But it seams that this is not always true (not confirmed I must make more test/observation)

After a series of test, and analysis I find that: This problems araisen as I'm using a some kind of wrapper / Compiling tool, which uses SciTE4AutoIt to build scripts, but before compiling, makes minor changes in some files (update several parts of code).
This tool I make about 3 years ago, when I do not care about file encoding.

So this tool, badly write one of the au3 file, without taking into account, the relevant file encoding, and because of this actualy I'am not sure about your statement: "The Outputfile should have the same encoding as the Input MainScript."

But actually I see that the problem is only with AU3.3.10.2 or AU3.3.12.0,  and not exist in AU3.3.13.20 and for this I think this is releated to this changes:

3.3.13.17 (19th August, 2014) (Beta)
AutoIt:
- Changed: Default text file encoding changed to UTF8 without BOM. THIS IS A SCRIPT BREAKING CHANGE
- Changed: FileOpen() has new modes for forcing ANSI, UTF16-BE/LE without BOM.

mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new prosposal to AutoItTools:CreateFunctionHeader  :

function AutoItTools:CreateFunctionHeader(s, p)
    -- Change these :)
    local defAuthor = props['UDFCreator']    -- Initial Author value
    local defLineMax = 129                   -- Max length of line. AutoIt standard is 129.
    local defSplit = 21                      -- Default index for '-' after param.

local nl = self:NewLineInUse()

local outStart   = "FUNCTION"
    local outName    = s
    local outDesc    = ""
    local outSyntax  = ""
    local outParams  = ""
    local outReturn  = ""
    local outAuthor  = defAuthor
    local outModify  = ""
    local outRemarks = ""
    local outRelated = ""
    local outLink    = ""
    local outExample = "No"

local name = s
    local params = p

if name:sub(0, 2) == "__" then
        outStart = "INTERNAL_USE_ONLY"
    end

outSyntax = name .. "("

local paramSynt = ""
    local iOptionals = 0
    local fBroken = false
    local sModifiers = ""
    if params ~= "" and params ~= nil then
        for byref, parameter, optional in string.gfind(params, "(%w-%s*%w*)%s*($[%w_]+)%s*[=]?%s*(.-)[,%)]") do
            if parameter ~= "" and parameter ~= nil then
                if outParams ~= "" then
                    outParams = outParams .. nl .. ";" .. string.rep(" ", 18)
                end

outParams = outParams .. parameter .. string.rep(" ", defSplit - string.len(parameter)) .. "- "

sModifiers = ""
                if optional ~= "" and optional ~= nil then
                    outParams = outParams .. "[optional] "

if paramSynt ~= "" then
                        paramSynt = paramSynt .. "[, "
                    else
                        paramSynt = paramSynt .. "["
                    end

iOptionals = iOptionals + 1
                else
                    byref = string.gsub(byref:lower(), "%s", "")
                    if byref ~= "" then
                        if byref == "byref" then
                            outParams = outParams .. "[in/out] "
                            sModifiers = "Byref "
                        else
                            if byref == "const" then
                                outParams = outParams .. "[const] "
                                sModifiers = "Const "
                            else
                                if byref == "byrefconst" or byref == "constbyref" then
                                    outParams = outParams .. "[in/out and const] "
                                    sModifiers = "Const Byref "
                                else
                                    print("Unrecognised parameter modifiers: '" .. byref .. "'")
                                end
                            end
                        end
                    end

if paramSynt ~= "" then
                        paramSynt = paramSynt .. ", "
                    end
                end

if fBroken then
                    if string.len(paramSynt) + string.len(parameter) + iOptionals + 2 + 19 > defLineMax then
                        outSyntax = outSyntax .. paramSynt .. nl .. ";" .. string.rep(" ", 18)
                        paramSynt = ""
                        fBroken = true
                    end
                else
                    if string.len(outSyntax) + string.len(paramSynt) + string.len(parameter) + iOptionals + 2 + 19 > defLineMax then
                        outSyntax = outSyntax .. paramSynt .. nl .. ";" .. string.rep(" ", 18)
                        paramSynt = ""
                        fBroken = true
                    end
                end
                paramSynt = paramSynt .. sModifiers .. parameter

paramSynt = paramSynt .. " = " .. optional
                end

local paramtype = parameter:sub(2, 2)
                local isarray = false
                if paramtype == "a" then
                    paramtype = parameter:sub(3, 3)
                    isarray = true
                end

local sAdd
                if paramtype == "i" then
                    sAdd = "integer"
                elseif parameter:sub(2, 3) == "fu" then
                    sAdd = "function (first class object)"
                elseif parameter:sub(2, 4) == "tag" then
                    sAdd = "structures definition"
                elseif paramtype == "f" then
                    sAdd = "floating point"
                elseif paramtype == "b" then
                    sAdd = "boolean"
                elseif paramtype == "d" then
                    sAdd = "binary variant"
                elseif paramtype == "n" then
                    sAdd = "general number"
                elseif paramtype == "s" then
                    sAdd = "string"
                elseif paramtype == "h" then
                    sAdd = "handle"
                elseif paramtype == "m" then
                    sAdd = "map"
                elseif paramtype == "v" then
                    sAdd = "variant"
                elseif paramtype == "o" then
                    sAdd = "object"
                elseif paramtype == "id" then
                    sAdd = "AutoIt controlid"
                elseif paramtype == "p" then
                    sAdd = "pointer"
                elseif paramtype == "t" then
                    sAdd = "dll struct"
                else
                    sAdd = "unknown"
                end

if isarray then
                    outParams = outParams .. "an array of " .. sAdd .. "s."
                else
                    if sAdd == 'object' then
                        outParams = outParams .. "an " .. sAdd .. "."
                    elseif sAdd == 'map' then
                        outParams = outParams .. "a " .. sAdd .. "."
                    elseif sAdd == 'structures definition' then
                        outParams = outParams .. "a " .. sAdd .. "."
                    elseif sAdd == 'function (first class object)' then
                        outParams = outParams .. "" .. sAdd .. "."

else
                        if sAdd:sub(1, 1):find("[AEIOUaeiou]") ~= nil then
                            outParams = outParams .. "an " .. sAdd .. " value."
                        else
                            outParams = outParams .. "a " .. sAdd .. " value."
                        end
                    end
                end

outParams = outParams .. " Default is " .. optional .. "."
                end
            end
        end
    else
        outParams = "None"
    end

outSyntax = outSyntax .. paramSynt .. string.rep("]", iOptionals) .. ")"

outReturn = outReturn .. "Success" .. string.rep(" ", defSplit - string.len(" Success")) .. "- 1 and set @error = 0 " .. nl
    outReturn = outReturn .. ";                  Failure" .. string.rep(" ", defSplit - string.len(" Failure")) .. "- 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero." .. nl
    outReturn = outReturn .. ";                  @error values meaning:" .. nl
    outReturn = outReturn .. ";                  |1 - " .. nl
    outReturn = outReturn .. ";                  |2 - " .. nl
    outReturn = outReturn .. ";                  |3 - "

local res = "; #" .. outStart .. "# " .. string.rep("=", defLineMax - 5 - outStart:len()) .. nl
    res = res .. "; Name ..........: " .. outName .. nl
    res = res .. "; Description ...: " .. outDesc .. nl
    res = res .. "; Syntax ........: " .. outSyntax .. nl
    res = res .. "; Parameters ....: " .. outParams .. nl
    res = res .. "; Return values .: " .. outReturn .. nl
    res = res .. "; Author ........: " .. outAuthor .. nl
    res = res .. "; Modified ......: " .. outModify .. nl
    res = res .. "; Remarks .......: " .. outRemarks .. nl
    res = res .. "; Related .......: " .. outRelated .. nl
    res = res .. "; Link ..........: " .. outLink .. nl
    res = res .. "; Example .......: " .. outExample .. nl
    res = res .. "; " .. string.rep("=", defLineMax - 2) .. nl

return res
end -- CreateFunctionHeader()

Example :

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _Test
; Description ...: 
; Syntax ........: _Test()
; Parameters ....: 
; Return values .: Success             - 1 and set @error = 0 
;                  Failure             - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
;                  @error values meaning:
;                  |1 - 
;                  |2 - 
;                  |3 - 
; Author ........: 
; Modified ......: 
; Remarks .......: 
; Related .......: 
; Link ..........: 
; Example .......: No
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _Test()
EndFunc

If it changes the standard for UDF header, then please discuss here in order to adapt to stanadard, but also to extend its present form so that a new form for the "Return Values" was more extensive (on the principle easier to remove than add new content).

mLipok

Edited by mLipok
typo

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Thoughts anybody? Guess my main questions are:

• Are these changes going to break anything? thinking of the helpfle creation scripts here for starters
  • is it beneficial to added more details to "; Return values .:" by default?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Request ( or help if its already possible ) :

to have $(SciteUserHome) declared in a file ( any file, in ".lua" as a command or ".properties" as a declaration, no idea ), to override the environment variable.

The question will arise as to what do I must have that for and the answer is, not necessarily for portability but for independence of operation regardless of the current user environment.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Developers

This property is set in SciTE at start time and is retrieved from the Enviroment variable SCITE_USERHOME. When this doesn't exists it will use SCITE_HOME.
There is no other way to set this.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This property is set in SciTE at start time and is retrieved from the Enviroment variable SCITE_USERHOME. When this doesn't exists it will use SCITE_HOME.
There is no other way to set this.

Jos

This has been requested to the SciTE developers before but for some reason they don't make an implementation. I don't see why not. But I coded a loader

If @Compiled Then
    Local $n, $s
    EnvSet("SCITE_USERHOME", @ScriptDir) ; it does what I want to without changing anything permanently
    If Not ProcessExists("SciTE.exe") Then
        Run("SciTE.exe", @ScriptDir) ; LoadSession.lua is not working for me =/
        ProcessWait("SciTE.exe")
        Sleep(100)
    EndIf
    For $n = 1 To $CmdLine[0]
        Run('SciTE.exe "' & $CmdLine[$n] & '"', @ScriptDir) ; simple load each
    Next
    Run("SciTE.exe", @ScriptDir) ; bring SciTE to front
EndIf

and that does what I wanted.

Thanks for sparking the candle to illuminate my brain :)

as here on forum is problem with code tags:

#cs 
    FileOpen(..)
#CE
    FileRead(...)

#cs 
    FileOpen(..)
#CE
    FileWrite(...)
    WinExists(....)

#cs 
    FileOpen(..)
#ce
    FileRead(...)

#cs 
    FileOpen(..)
#ce
    FileWrite(...)
    WinExists(....)

Please consider a change in the Tidy: formatting   #ce directive so that was always lowercase

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I don't know where to ask but I'd guess here is going to be noted.
I patch the new SciteConfig.au3 to account for a portable setup.
Did not change more than necessary, searching in the script for $g_iPortable will show the modifications.
The modified file is attached here.
I'm posting this because I'd like this minimal change applied to the next distribution of the utility.

Thanks in advance.

SciteConfig(argumentum mod. 2015.06.07).au3

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic