_ArrayDisplay() documentation

1. In Remarks, I think display - in this is likely to occur should be display - if this is likely to occur
  2. In the example, it might be helpful to the uninitiated (like me!) if Func _UserFunc($aArray_2D, $aSelected) was followed by ; $aSelected is defined in _ArrayDisplay()
Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

• Moderators

c.haslam,

If you read this pinned thread at the top of this forum, it explains how to let us know about (perceived) problems with the Help file. Please follow those instructions  if you wish to inform us of any further changes you feel are necessary.

As to your proposals above, I will look to amend the Help file for the next release - thanks for reporting the issue.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Melba23.

The link you gave leads to "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153781-help-filedocumentation-issues/"

In that link there is a link to previous help thread, which also leads "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153781-help-filedocumentation-issues/" thand a further post to where you can discuss issues, which also leads "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153781-help-filedocumentation-issues/"

Sends you into a link loop.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Melba23.

The link you gave leads to "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153781-help-filedocumentation-issues/"

In that link there is a link to previous help thread, which also leads "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153781-help-filedocumentation-issues/" thand a further post to where you can discuss issues, which also leads "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153781-help-filedocumentation-issues/"

Sends you into a link loop.

​Oh well. The important point is to submit the issue to Trac.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

2. In the example, it might be helpful to the uninitiated (like me!) if Func _UserFunc($aArray_2D, $aSelected) was followed by ; $aSelected is defined in _ArrayDisplay()

​I don't undestand the point so the post to Trac should clearly described your point

​Oh well. The important point is to submit the issue to Trac.

​The important thing is to discuss your query first, it prevents invalid entries to trac and consequently allowing egotistical people to try and make you look foolish in it.

Since it appears the link loop was intentional, here is the link to the real discussion thread.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

jpm,

The issue is already covered in the Help file entry:

Run User Func:

Run the user-defined function passed in $sUser_Function. This function is entirely separate from the UDF and must be created and coded by the user to accept 2 parameters: the full array and a 1D array holding the selected rows indices with a count in the [0] element. The button is not displayed if no function is specified.

I have amended it to read as follows (changed section in bold):

Run User Func   
Run the user-defined function passed in $sUser_Function. This function is entirely separate from the UDF and must be created and coded by the user to accept 2 (and only 2) parameters which will be provided by the UDF itself: the full array being displayed and a 1D array holding the selected rows indices with a count in the [0] element. These parameters can then be used inside the user function as required. The button is not displayed if no function is specified.

I hope that will make it clearer to any "uninitiated" users.

c.haslam,

There is no need to raise a ticket for this matter as I hope the above change resolves your problem - please let me know if you feel it does not and by all means suggest an alternative wording.

JohnOne,

The text on the page to which I linked gives clear instructions on how to raise a Trac ticket for documentation errors - the link on the page is not part of that process.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

M23,

I still don't nderstand what he wants in point 2.

is it a change in the example? for me it works OK provided you click on "Run User function" button

• Moderators

jpm,

As I understand it, the OP's point was that the Help file did not make it sufficiently clear that the 2 required parameters of the function were automatically provided by the UDF, in much the same manner as the 4 obligatory parameters of GUIRegisterMsg. So I amended the text to insist upon this point - which I hope the OP will agree is sufficient.

M23

Spoiler