I am trying to read a specific cell value in Excel. In my Excel.au3 I don't have the function _ExcelReadCell. Is there any other way to read a specific cell or is there any download available for Excel.au3

Edited by Happy82

Use _Excel_RangeRead instead. And please pick a smaller font.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The Excel UDF has been rewritten. Please check the AutoIt history for Script Breaking Changes to see what has changed. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-10-24 - Version 1.4.14.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-11-30 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; Create application object and open a workbook
Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_SheetList Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, @ScriptDir & "\Unassigned Credit Card Transactions (MAIN REPORT).xlsx")
If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_SheetList Example", "Error opening workbook '" & @ScriptDir & "\Unassigned Credit Card Transactions (MAIN REPORT).xlsx'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _Excel_Close($oAppl)
    Exit
EndIf

; *****************************************************************************
; Display a list of all worksheets for a specific Workbook
; *****************************************************************************
Local $aWorkSheets = _Excel_SheetList($oWorkbook)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_SheetList Example 1", "Error listing Worksheets." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
;_ArrayDisplay($aWorkSheets, "Excel UDF: _Excel_SheetList Example 1")
For Local $nNames In $aWorkSheets
            Local $worksheetname = $nNames
            MsgBox(64,"Res", "The Name of worksheet :" & $worksheetname )
Next

This code does not go into for-loop.

All i am trying to do "Format the Range of cells in mutliple worksheet in a  workbook. My workbook has multiple worksheets.

I took this script form the Examples. Instead of displaying using _ArrayDisplay i am trying to use a For Next loop. Once I loop i will know the worksheet I am on to modify the cell ranges.

I am not sure I am doing the right way. Since the variable is 2-d array it does not work in the for loop?

Edited by Happy82

Use

For $nNames In $aWorkSheets

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-10-24 - Version 1.4.14.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-11-30 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I tried using the mentioned way, still it did not work. It did not do anything.

Edited by Happy82

The function returns a 2D array. Try this. It works for me on a 25-sheet workbook.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>

Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
    If @error Then Exit ConsoleWrite("Error creating application object" & @CRLF)

Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, @ScriptDir & "\Unassigned Credit Card Transactions (MAIN REPORT).xlsx")
    If @error Then Exit ConsoleWrite("Error creating workbook object" & @CRLF)

Local $aWorkSheets = _Excel_SheetList($oWorkbook)
    If @error Then Exit ConsoleWrite("Error enumerating worksheets" & @CRLF)

For $i = 0 To UBound($aWorkSheets) - 1
    MsgBox(64,"Res", "The Name of worksheet :" & $aWorkSheets[$i][0])
Next

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Taxyo
      Hi,

I've been trying to automate modification of an excel file and the last thing I am stuck on is deleting all the rows where the value of Column 13 is 0. 
      I believe the error is due to me not fully understanding the syntax so this is where I'm stuck: 

Func Hotkey2() Global $aUsedRange = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aUsedRange) For $iRow = UBound($aUsedRange) - 1 to 3 Step -1 If $aUsedRange[$iRow][13] = 0 Then _Excel_RangeDelete($oWorkbook.Worksheets(1), $aUsedRange[$iRow] & ":" & $aUsedRange[$iRow], default, 1) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeDelete Example 2", "Error deleting rows." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) EndIf Next EndFunc  
      While my script properly locates the row which contains value 0 in Column 13, I am not sure how to set it to the corresponding row in the excel workbook?  My above experiment gives me $vRange error and I've been toying around with it to no avail. The only way I get the Script to delete a row is by actually specifying "4:4" or "6:8" etc. 
      Where am I going wrong?

Thanks! 
    • By Most
      #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ; Create application object and open an example workbook Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeRead Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @ScriptDir & "\trans.xlsx") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeRead Example", "Error opening workbook '" & @ScriptDir & "\trans.xlsx'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) _Excel_Close($oExcel) Exit EndIf ; ***************************************************************************** ; Read data from a single cell on the active sheet of the specified workbook ; ***************************************************************************** Local $sResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, "A1") If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeRead Example 1", "Error reading from workbook." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeRead Example 1", "Data successfully read." & @CRLF & "Value of cell A1: " & $sResult) Hi, all.
      Ok, here is the deal. I have simple excel file called trans.xlsx. It's located in the directory of script. In general i don't care where to store it. 
      What i do need is to open excel file and copy one by one numbers from cells. I've tried different ways, examples. But i only get error, says: error = 3, extended = 1. I saw different posts from different years. I even tried to use simple example from manual file. But always get error.

In general my goal get numbers one by one and post it to let's say search filed in my PC one by one. Or to notepad (but one by one, in kind of loop). 
      I've learned how to copy or show in message box some info from other apps. But with excel i'm stuck. 

I'm able to open needed window based on "title" of excel. But i don't succeed of copying info from cells. 

Would be appreciate for any help. 
      So, in this code i'm trying at least to read from cell A1. Doesn't matter what Sheet. 

I use Windows 10, Excel for Office 365. 
      Thank you in advance. 
    • By VinMe
      Dear all, i am unable to open a xml file to excel in the "xml table format" Please help me out in where i am missing
      Local $strFileToOpen = _WinAPI_OpenFileDlg('Select xml file', @WorkingDir, 'All Files(*.*)', 1, '', '', BitOR($OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST, $OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST, $OFN_HIDEREADONLY)) Global $xlXmlLoadImportToList = 2 ; Places the contents of the XML data file in an XML table $oExcel = _Excel_Open() $oWorkbook1=$oExcel.Workbooks.OpenXML($strFileToOpen, "", $xlXmlLoadImportToList) If $strFileToOpen <> False Then     Local $oWorkbook1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $strFileToOpen) EndIf Error i am getting is:
      ......\81e_Compare_v1.au3" (46) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
      $oWorkbook1=$oExcel.Workbooks.OpenXML($strFileToOpen, "", $xlXmlLoadImportToList)
      $oWorkbook1=$oExcel.Workbooks^ ERROR
      >Exit code: 1    Time: 7.338
    • By VinMe
      Dear all, 
      I am unable to get the right result after applying the filter to the excel. please let me know on the same.
      issue: After applying the filter the output $lastRow11 not giving the right output of complete visible rows. (its breaking at row skips)

;DATA EXTRACTION FROM LOC EXCEL
      ;=============================================================================
      $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookAttach($sWorkbook)
      Local $sMSN = InputBox("MSN NO", "Enter MSN in XX FORMAT", "")
      ;~ Local $LastRow1 = ($oWorkbook.ACTIVESHEET.Range("A1").SpecialCells($xlCellTypeLastCell).Row)
      $LastRow1 = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      MsgBox(0, "lastrow1", $LastRow1)
      _Excel_FilterSet($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.activesheet, "AF1", 32, "*" & $sMSN & "*")
      Local $oLocDS = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("S1:S" & $LastRow1).SpecialCells($xlCellTypeVisible)
      Local $LastRow11 = $oLocDS.rows.count    ;error output
      MsgBox(0, "lastrow11", $LastRow11)
      Local $aLocDS1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, $oLocDS)
      Local $oLocNr = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A" & $LastRow1).SpecialCells($xlCellTypeVisible)
      Local $aLocNr1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, $oLocNr)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocDS1)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocNr1)
      _ArrayTrim($aLocDS1, 6, 1)
      _ArrayTrim($aLocNr1, 6, 1)
      _ArrayTrim($aLocNr1, 6, 0)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocDS1)
      _ArrayDisplay($aLocNr1)
    • By VinMe
      I am unable to execute the below script, my requirement is to copy the content from active excel sheet and to display the same.
      Please let me know where i am missing!
      #include <Excel.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <StringConstants.au3>
      Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
      $LastRow2 = $oExcel.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      $Tissue = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, "E1:E" & $LastRow2)
      $TshNr = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, "F1:F" & $LastRow2)
      _ArrayDisplay($Tissue)
      _ArrayDisplay($TshNr)