List of installed fonts

Hello,

Like title i want a list of font, like this from paint:

1zwp4rd.png

The basic script, you can totally change:

#include <array.au3>

Global $FontNames[1], $i = 1, $finalresults

While 1
    $temp = RegEnumVal("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts", $i)
    If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
    $temp2 = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts", $temp)
    _ArrayInsert($FontNames, ($i - 1), "[ " & $temp & " : " & $temp2 & " ]")
    $i = $i + 1
WEnd

_ArraySort($FontNames)
_ArrayDisplay($FontNames)

The final script i'd like is:

A ) The clean name, Arial, Georgia etc

B ) No duplicate, example Arial has variant ( Arial Bold, Arial Italic etc. ) i want to display only Arial. Arial Black is a different font so i need to display. It possible to see the variant checking the real name of the font, if is totally different is a different font.

P.S. You can't check for th word "Bold" or other because on other language OS can be different.

C ) Please compatible with 3381, no ternary etc. and XP

Many thanks :D

The more clean way, on MSDN there a link like this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd162622(v=vs.85).aspx

Or

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2702157/get-list-of-fonts-win32

Edited by MyEarth

Are you looking for help or creating a challenge?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The functions MSDN points to are actually included in AutoIt. But wait, you need to work in v3.3.8.1, oh darn it! I bet v3.3.10.0+ isn't look so bad now is it?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

For those users who don't limit themselves in AutoIt, check out the function here.

UDF List:

guinness did you know i can copy-paste it on the previus autoit version? It's not hard-coded in the new code, in that cases it was a problem. Anyway, work also on 3.3.8.1 just for let you know and i have my reason to use it.

Apart of all, i see to many font in the ArrayDisplay, things like "Batang" or other like that. I want to see only the font can be used by the user, pratically i'd like to see the same list of paint. Can you help me with the paramenter to use? Thanks

I have try all the possible parameter, it show also the hidden font so that function it not for me. Will come back to the first script? Or any other working solution

Edited by MyEarth

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

guinness did you know i can copy-paste it on the previus autoit version?

​Learn something new everyday! 

Wouldn't recommend you do that, but who is going to listen to me.

UDF List:

• 3 weeks later...

You can write your own routine based on _WINAPI_EnumFontFamily, or update to the current version of AutoIt, or use _ChooseFont, or stop asking because you're already been answered.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Stop asking? Who are you to say "stop asking"? Please some respect, 20 days have passed from the last very useful and sarcastic message, not 1 hour.

I think you didn't read with attention my posts and my OP:

1) EnumFontFamily return ALL the font on the system, i think you don't every try that API or read my post above yours. There isn't any avaiable parameter on that API to hide the "system" fonts or whatever are called by Microsoft so the list is full of hundred of fonts that a normal user never use it

2) I have my reason to use the previus version, in particular for compatibility purpose with my old system and my codes. How many times i need to say and why is a so big problem for you guys? EnumFontFamily work also on 3.3.8.1 so...There is a special function about fonts on the last stable that not work on the previus stable? No.

3) _ChooseFont return the correct list but you can't integrate in a separate interface, is also blocking so you can't start hidden and "catch" the combo text and i'll never create a separate executable just for launch that UDF. A question for you Mr.MPV, how CHOOSEFONT load that list of fonts...? Magic? Superpowers? Or if you prefer i'll "stop asking" and remain in my ignorance, as you want...

Edited by MyEarth

• Moderators

MyEarth,

I want to see only the font can be used by the user

The list returned by  _WinAPI_EnumFontFamilies is exactly the same list as I see in my word processor, spreadsheet and various other apps which allow me to choose fonts, so I do not understand why you find this list unsuitable.  A font is a font and, if installed, can be used - so what criteria are you using to say whether it can be "used by the user"?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Sorry Melba but did you see in your "word processor" character like;

GulimChe

DaunPenh

IsKoola Pota

MinLiU

And many many others? At work on W7, without any addictional fonts by third party, in Paint, i have only 42 fonts in the list, one more one less. Do you know how many fonts return here EnumFontFamilies, from the help, copy-paste? 116!

There is too much difference between the two result, so or Paint ( or Wordpad, or _ChooseFont ) don't use EnumFontFamilies or use this API but with an additional way to process the list, i don't know and there isn't so much information on the web.

Edited by MyEarth

Perhaps it's because Paint doesn't use all the fonts installed on the computer and you actually have 116 different fonts installed. If you're on Win7 you should see at the bottom of the combo for fonts a link that says "Show More Fonts" which opens your font folder, showing that paint doesn't give you the full list of fonts you have.

is this close to the difference you are seeing?

#include <APIGdiConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <FontConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIGdi.au3>

Local $aData = _WinAPI_EnumFontFamilies(0, '', $OEM_CHARSET, $TRUETYPE_FONTTYPE , '@*' , 1)
If Not @error Then
    _ArrayDisplay($aData, '_WinAPI_EnumFontFamilies' , "|1")
EndIf

Local $aData = _WinAPI_EnumFontFamilies(0, '', Default, BitOR($DEVICE_FONTTYPE, $TRUETYPE_FONTTYPE),  '@*' , 1)
If Not @error Then
    _ArrayDisplay($aData, '_WinAPI_EnumFontFamilies' , "|1")
EndIf

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Excatly BrewMan. If you go on this folder:

ld354.png

You can see there are font labeled as "Show", others one, like my list, are labeled has "Hide". Paint and _ChooseFont get only the "Show" list BUT how Paint/WordPad/_chooseFont get only the show list seeing EnumFontFamily return both? Thats the question.

FileGetAttrib don't give any information on this attribute.

Edited by MyEarth

What difference does it make?

Do you want only fonts that Paint can use or the fonts that YOU can use? What EXACTLY are you needing the list of fonts for, to automate paint?

I don't want to automate Paint :D that just an example of the final list i want to collect. I'll repeat, i'd like to know the method behind _ChooseFont, Paint and other and have only the "Show" list, 42 fonts and not 116 returned by EnumFontFamily. If they can, we can.

Edited by MyEarth

I have compiled an exe with _ChooseFont and then try to analize what he do with Process Monitor, for what i can understand it access to a DLL called fms.dll, then get CustomLocale and ExtendedLocale registry key ( not found ) load the MUI of that DLL and finally load the fonts list. The "secret" is in that DLL, what _ChooseFont do? Who knows.

Edited by MyEarth

• Moderators

MyEarth,

Have you read boththose's post above? It looks like it might be what you are looking for.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area