PixelSearch Reliability

Hi

I'm hoping that someone will have some great ideas for helping with PixelSearch.

I'm looking for an Orange Pixel (0xFF6600) within a specified region of the screen - sometimes it will be there, sometimes it won't.  The issue is that PixelSearch doesn't seem to consistently find the Orange Pixel

I've set mousecoordmode and pixelcoordmode to 1 (i.e. absolute screen).  The variables used in the PixelSearch query to define the rectangle are correct (I've drawn a rectangle on the attached to highlight the area)

The code snippet is here, full code attached:

$OrangePixelLocation = PixelSearch($MSSViewLinkBoxLeft,$MSSViewLinkBoxTop,$MSSViewLinkBoxRight,$MSSViewLinkBoxBottom,0xFF6600,0)
         if (@error<>0) then ;i.e. no result found
                        $NoResult = True
                        if $Debugging then msgbox(0,"First Search Failed","First Search Error Code was " & @error)
         EndIf

You can see from the screenshot that there's definitely orange pixels in the area that PixelSearch is searching and that it's the orange I'm searching for (in the AutoIT WindowInfo screen) but it still sometimes fails and I have no idea why.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful - the presence of the word   view   in orange is key for the rest of the script.

Many thanks in advance

David

screenshot.png

Collect MSS Graphs Automatically.au3

Can you do this in Internet Explorer instead of Chrome? Because you can use the IE functions that way and not have to rely on PixelSearch, and imprecise mouse clicks.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

He's talking about all the nifty functionality in the IE.au3 UDF, which should have been included in a full installation of AutoIt. Try looking up the helpfiles for the _IE* functions and see if any of the examples give interesting results (like the _IEFormElementGetCollection) on your site. If so, work from there. There is not a single reason to prefer pixel color hunting over direct interaction :)

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.