[Solved] Storing ~3000 numbers prior to excel graph creation

Hi

I never had to do this, my ISP in the last trimester force me to downgrade my internet speed due to high deman on my area (new homes coming to the grid), and my line max speed changes on hour to hour basis, so I'm going to register in every 15min my wan speed for a month or two.

The problem is, can I store it right a way to a excel file or it should be done in other way?
Just asking this to avoid crashes in the middle of the data gathering :think:

Edited by Kyan

Heroes, there is no such thing

One day I'll discover what IE.au3 has of special for so many users using it.
C'mon there's InetRead and WinHTTP, way better
happy.png

The Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt should do what you want.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@water, 3k lines are okay for it? I know for sql 3k lines aren't anything, but for excel I'm sceptical xD

I was going to use this code to add the lines to the bottom of the xls file https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/126570-insert-row-into-excel/

EDIT: @SadBunny, add lines to a excel file for 1-2months which is 2880-5760lines

Edited by Kyan

happy.png

That's with the old Excel UDF. This version inserted the data cell by cell.
The rewritten Excel UDF takes the array and writes it in one go to Excel. That's about 20 to 100 times faster.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Neat :D

So Excel udf is the way to go, thanks water :)

happy.png

Correct :)
Good luck. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki