Sign in to follow this  
phil652

Make PixelGetColor() return the color of the cursor

phil652

I'm using PixelGetColor(), to get the color of a certain pixel. I want to be able to get the color of the cursor if that pixel if where the cursor is. Currently it only give me the color under the cursor. How can I achieve this?

Edited by phil652

JLogan3o13

PixelGetColor does exactly what it sounds like, returns the color of the pixel at the coords you specify. Can you please explain more about what you're trying to accomplish, and why you expect the cursor to change color? 99% of the time, you can accomplish your tasks much more easily without resorting to pixel functions.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

phil652

I'm already using PixelGetColor in a loop to do some tasks but during this my mouse also move. If the coords specified in PixelGetColor are where the mouse cursor is I want to get the color of the cursor(0xFFFFFF) not the color that is under my cursor. The reason why I want to to do this is because this happen rarely but it creates a bug in my script. 

phil652

Spider001 this as nothing to do with that post

Freewolny

iamtheky

I imagine its going to be a combo of

1) If MouseGetPos array matches your x and y Then 

2) maybe use GDI+ to screenshot, and look at that location on the screenshot and return the color...but that is probably the long way around.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

phil652

boththose wouldn't that make my script very slow? And I am still new to autoit so could you give me more information on how I would take a screenshot and check the color on the image?

Edited by phil652

BrewManNH

Why do you need the color of the cursor? Wouldn't you already know what cursor you're using, so you'd know its color?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

phil652

BrewManNH no since there is multiple cursor let's say you put your cursor over text, the cursor is does not contain any white. What I was trying is (very simplified) this but this only check the color under the cursor

$curseurX = Int(MouseGetPos(0)+1)
$curseurY = Int(MouseGetPos(1)+1)
$useless = PixelGetColor($curseurX2, $curseurY2)

If $useless = "0xFFFFFF" Then
    ;do something

iamtheky

boththose wouldn't that make my script very slow

depends on what you consider slow, look at UEZ's GDI+ screenshot stuff.  I bet you can accomplish this task multiple times a second.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

BrewManNH

Would MouseGetCursor do what you're looking to do? Because the Pixel* functions don't read the cursor.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hey. I'm working on a new project and was wondering if there is a better way to "update" my Column E array. 
      Here is my code: 
      Local $nI  = 0                                                            ;Creates a name index of 0: nI = Name index Local $nII = 1                                                            ;Creates a name index of 1 for second loop: nII = Name Index 2 For    $iN = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1                                       ;Checks the roster for any names that appear twice      For $iN2 = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1          if $d_Names[$nI] == $d_Names[$nII] And $d_Names[$nII] <> "" Then              Local $timeSheetName = _ArraySearch($e_Names, $d_Names[$nI], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found it", $d_Names[$nI] & " In column E on Row " & $timeSheetName)              Local $eI  = $timeSheetName + 1              ;ConsoleWrite($timeSheetName & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite($eI & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)              _Excel_RangeInsert($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "E" & $eI & ":F" & $eI, $xlShiftDown)                                                                          ;Inserts a empty cell in columns E and F.              _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $d_Names[$nII], "E" & $eI)                                                                         ;Fills the empty cell in columns E with the doubled name              $aArray_Index = 2                                           ;Array element counter              For $Index = 2 To $IndexRows Step 1                        ;Loops through every row in the Excel file unto no rows are found or a null row is found                  $Array_Value_E = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "E"&$Index)                  $e_names[$aArray_Index] = $Array_Value_E                ;While the code loops every value in column E is stored in the E array (updating the array)                  $aArray_Index += 1              Next              ExitLoop          EndIf      Next      $nI  += 1      $nII += 1 Next Basically, It checks a roster for people whose name appears twice then inserts a new "row" for that person because they work in two different departments.
      I have to find that name however in Column E if two appear in column D. My code works but I think it is not as efficient as it could be. 
      Any ideas on how to improve the "update" for my array?
      (once it finds the double names in Column D it then searches for that name by going name by name in the Column E array and once it finds it inserts a new row. However, the E array doesn't have that new row stored in it so I have to "update" the array to properly find the next name)
      Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: Just assume I'm opening the excel file properly please do not add that code in, it only complicates your answer. 
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello Im wondering if using this https://ohtejera.github.io/ImperiusAutoIt/#started
      UDF can i make that I can control my windows application with phone?
      like for example click button Start on android phone and then something would be done in my windows app?
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.
       ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2 I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 
      any help will be greatly appreciated. 
    • iMacg3
      By iMacg3
      Hi,
      I was looking into a way to delete a registry key (not a specific value, an entire key) if it is present. I was considering using RegRead and RegDelete. However, RegRead appears to only read values, not just keys. Is there a way to delete an entire registry key if it is present? I have heard that the below function may help.

#include-once ; #UDF# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: Reads\Search the name of a Key\Subkey\Value ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.8.1 ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: Lists all Keys\Subkeys\Values in a specified registry key ; Author(s) .....: DXRW4E ; Notes .........: ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #CURRENT# ===================================================================================================================== ;~ _RegEnumKeyEx ;~ _RegEnumValEx ; =============================================================================================================================== #Region ;**** Global constants and vars **** Global Const $sValueTypes[12] = ["REG_NONE","REG_SZ","REG_EXPAND_SZ","REG_BINARY","REG_DWORD","REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN","REG_LINK","REG_MULTI_SZ","REG_RESOURCE_LIST","REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR","REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST","REG_QWORD"] #EndRegion ;**** Global constants and vars **** ; #FUNCTION# ======================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _RegEnumKeyEx ; Description ...: Lists all subkeys in a specified registry key ; Syntax.........: _RegEnumKeyEx($KeyName[, $iFlag = 0[, $sFilter = "*"]]) ; Parameters ....: $KeyName - The registry key to read. ; $iFlag - Optional specifies Recursion (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; |$iFlag = 0 (Default) All Key-SubKeys Recursive Mod ; |$iFlag = 1 All SubKeys Not Recursive Mod ; |$iFlag = 2 Include in ArrayList in the first element $KeyName ; |$iFlag = 16 $sFilter do Case-Sensitive matching (By Default $sFilter do Case-Insensitive matching) ; |$iFlag = 32 Disable the return the count in the first element - effectively makes the array 0-based (must use UBound() to get the size in this case). ; By Default the first element ($array[0]) contains the number of strings returned, the remaining elements ($array[1], $array[2], etc.) ; |$iFlag = 64 $sFilter is REGEXP Mod, See Pattern Parameters in StringRegExp ; |$iFlag = 128 Enum value's name (_RegEnumKeyEx Return a 2D array, maximum Array Size limit is 3999744 Key\Value) ; |$iFlag = 256 Reads a value data, this flag will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") ; Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $vFilter - Optional the filter to use for ValueName, $vFilter will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iValueTypes - Optional, set Value Types to search (Default $iValueTypes = 0 Read All), $iValueTypes will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; 1 = REG_SZ ; 2 = REG_EXPAND_SZ ; 3 = REG_BINARY ; 4 = REG_DWORD ; 5 = REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN ; 6 = REG_LINK ; 7 = REG_MULTI_SZ ; 8 = REG_RESOURCE_LIST ; 9 = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ; 10 = REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST ; 11 = REG_QWORD ; Return values .: Success - Return Array List (See Remarks) ; Failure - @Error ; |1 = Invalid $sFilter ; |2 = No Key-SubKey(s) Found ; |3 = Invalid $vFilter ; |4 = No Value-Name(s) Found ; Author ........: DXRW4E ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: The array returned is one-dimensional and is made up as follows: ; $array[0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[2] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[3] = 3rd Key\SubKeys ; $array[n] = nth Key\SubKeys ; ; If is set the $iFlag = 128 The array returned is 2D array and is made up as follows: ; $array[0][0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1][0] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[1][1] = 1st Value name ; $array[1][2] = 1st Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[1][3] = 1st Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[2][0] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[2][1] = 2nd Value name ; $array[2][2] = 2nd Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[2][3] = 2nd Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[n][0] = nth Key\SubKeys ; Related .......: _RegEnumValEx() ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: _RegEnumKeyEx("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3") ; Note ..........: ; =================================================================================================================================== Func _RegEnumKeyEx($KeyName, $iFlag = 0, $sFilter = "*", $vFilter = "*", $iValueTypes = 0) If StringRegExp($sFilter, StringReplace("^\s*$|\v|\\|^\||\|\||\|$", Chr(BitAND($iFlag, 64) + 28) & "\|^\||\|\||\|$", "\\\\")) Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") Local $IndexSubKey[101] = [100], $SubKeyName, $BS = "\", $sKeyList, $I = 1, $sKeyFlag = BitAND($iFlag, 1), $sKeyFilter = StringReplace($sFilter, "*", "") If BitAND($iFlag, 2) Then $sKeyList = @LF & $KeyName If Not BitAND($iFlag, 64) Then $sFilter = StringRegExpReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 16) & "(?i)(", "16\(\?\i\)|\d+", "") & StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($sFilter, "[^*?|]+", "\\Q$0\\E"), "\\E(?=\||$)", "$0\$"), "(?<=^|\|)\\Q", "^$0"), "\*+", ".*") & ")" While $I $IndexSubKey[$I] += 1 $SubKeyName = RegEnumKey($KeyName, $IndexSubKey[$I]) If @error Then $IndexSubKey[$I] = 0 $I -= 1 $KeyName = StringLeft($KeyName, StringInStr($KeyName, "\", 1, -1) - 1) ContinueLoop EndIf If $sKeyFilter Then If StringRegExp($SubKeyName, $sFilter) Then $sKeyList &= @LF & $KeyName & $BS & $SubKeyName Else $sKeyList &= @LF & $KeyName & $BS & $SubKeyName EndIf If $sKeyFlag Then ContinueLoop $I += 1 If $I > $IndexSubKey[0] Then $IndexSubKey[0] += 100 ReDim $IndexSubKey[$IndexSubKey[0] + 1] EndIf $KeyName &= $BS & $SubKeyName WEnd If Not $sKeyList Then Return SetError(2, 0, "") If BitAND($iFlag, 128) <> 128 Then Return StringSplit(StringTrimLeft($sKeyList, 1), @LF, StringReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 32), "32", 2)) $sKeyList = _RegEnumValEx(StringSplit(StringTrimLeft($sKeyList, 1), @LF), $iFlag, $vFilter, $iValueTypes) Return SetError(@Error, 0, $sKeyList) EndFunc ; #FUNCTION# ======================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _RegEnumValEx ; Description ...: Lists all values in a specified registry key ; Syntax.........: _RegEnumValEx($KeyName[, $iFlag = 0[, $sFilter = "*"]]) ; Parameters ....: $KeyName - The registry key to read Or one-dimensional array RegKeyList ; use _RegEnumKeyEx() to get $RegKeyList (example $RegKeyList = [3, 1st Key\SubKeys, 2st Key\SubKeys, nth Key\SubKeys]) ; |$iFlag = 16 $sFilter do Case-Sensitive matching (By Default $sFilter do Case-Insensitive matching) ; |$iFlag = 32 Disable the return the count in the first element - effectively makes the array 0-based (must use UBound() to get the size in this case). ; By Default the first element ($array[0]) contains the number of strings returned, the remaining elements ($array[1], $array[2], etc.) ; |$iFlag = 64 $sFilter is REGEXP Mod, See Pattern Parameters in StringRegExp ; |$iFlag = 256 Reads a value data ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") ; Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iValueTypes - Optional, set Value Types to search (Default $iValueTypes = 0 Read All) ; (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; 1 = REG_SZ ; 2 = REG_EXPAND_SZ ; 3 = REG_BINARY ; 4 = REG_DWORD ; 5 = REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN ; 6 = REG_LINK ; 7 = REG_MULTI_SZ ; 8 = REG_RESOURCE_LIST ; 9 = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ; 10 = REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST ; 11 = REG_QWORD ; Return values .: Success - Return Array List (See Remarks) ; Failure - @Error ; |3 = Invalid $sFilter ; |4 = No Value-Name(s) Found ; Author ........: DXRW4E ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: The array returned is 2D array and is made up as follows: ; $array[0][0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1][0] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[1][1] = 1st Value name ; $array[1][2] = 1st Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[1][3] = 1st Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[2][0] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[2][1] = 2nd Value name ; $array[2][2] = 2nd Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[2][3] = 2nd Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[n][0] = nth Key\SubKeys ; Related .......: _RegEnumKeyEx() ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: _RegEnumValEx("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3") ; Note ..........: ; =================================================================================================================================== Func _RegEnumValEx($aKeyList, $iFlag = 0, $sFilter = "*", $iValueTypes = 0) If StringRegExp($sFilter, "\v") Then Return SetError(3, 0, "") If Not IsArray($aKeyList) Then $aKeyList = StringSplit($aKeyList, @LF) Local $aKeyValList[1954][4], $iKeyVal = Int(BitAND($iFlag, 32) = 0), $sKeyVal = 1953, $sRegEnumVal, $iRegEnumVal, $RegRead = BitAND($iFlag, 256), $vFilter = StringReplace($sFilter, "*", "") If Not BitAND($iFlag, 64) Then $sFilter = StringRegExpReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 16) & "(?i)(", "16\(\?\i\)|\d+", "") & StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($sFilter, "[^*?|]+", "\\Q$0\\E"), "\\E(?=\||$)", "$0\$"), "(?<=^|\|)\\Q", "^$0"), "\*+", ".*") & ")" For $i = 1 To $aKeyList[0] $iRegEnumVal = 0 While 1 If $iKeyVal = $sKeyVal Then If $sKeyVal = 3999744 Then ExitLoop $sKeyVal *= 2 ReDim $aKeyValList[$sKeyVal + 1][4] EndIf $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][0] = $aKeyList[$i] $iRegEnumVal += 1 $sRegEnumVal = RegEnumVal($aKeyList[$i], $iRegEnumVal) If @Error <> 0 Then If $iRegEnumVal = 1 And $vFilter = "" Then $iKeyVal += 1 ExitLoop EndIf $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][2] = $sValueTypes[@Extended] If BitAND(@Extended, $iValueTypes) <> $iValueTypes Then ContinueLoop If $vFilter And Not StringRegExp($sRegEnumVal, $sFilter) Then ContinueLoop $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][1] = $sRegEnumVal If $RegRead Then $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][3] = RegRead($aKeyList[$i], $sRegEnumVal) $iKeyVal += 1 WEnd Next $sRegEnumVal = $iKeyVal - Int(BitAND($iFlag, 32) = 0) If Not $sRegEnumVal Or ($sRegEnumVal = 1 And $vFilter = "" And $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal - $sRegEnumVal][2] = "") Then Return SetError(4, 0, "") ReDim $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][4] If Not BitAND($iFlag, 32) Then $aKeyValList[0][0] = $iKeyVal - 1 Return $aKeyValList EndFunc Thanks.

• great77
      By great77
      ; put the root in a variable $sRoot = "C:\Project\PHexample\" Global $sCurrentTime = _NowCalc() ; We can use that variable here Global $aList = _FileListToArray($sRoot, Default, 2) If @error Then Exit ;;;;;;MsgBox(0, "Error", "_FileListToArray returned @error = " & @error) ;;;;;;;;;;;This is a loop that runs from 1 to the number of items listed in the first element of the returned  array For $i = 1 To UBound($aList) - 1     MsgBox(0, "Folder date", $sRoot & "" & $aList[$i] & @CRLF & @CRLF & FileGetTime($sRoot & "" & $aList[$i], 1, 1))     MsgBox(0, "Folder date", FileGetTime($sRoot & "" & $aList[$i], 1, 1))      $a_filenew = StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace(_NowCalc(), "/", ""), ":", ""), " ", "")       MsgBox(0, "Folder date", $a_filenew) $adex =  _DateDiff('D', FileGetTime($sRoot & "" & $aList[$i], 1, 1), $a_filenew)  MsgBox(0,"ade", $adex) Next I have a code as seen above, but the difference in time is returning zero. I understand that the date yyyymmddhhmmss but how can I find the difference.
      The purpose is to try find the difference in days. Any suggestion?