Make PixelGetColor() return the color of the cursor

I'm using PixelGetColor(), to get the color of a certain pixel. I want to be able to get the color of the cursor if that pixel if where the cursor is. Currently it only give me the color under the cursor. How can I achieve this?

Edited by phil652

• Moderators

PixelGetColor does exactly what it sounds like, returns the color of the pixel at the coords you specify. Can you please explain more about what you're trying to accomplish, and why you expect the cursor to change color? 99% of the time, you can accomplish your tasks much more easily without resorting to pixel functions.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I'm already using PixelGetColor in a loop to do some tasks but during this my mouse also move. If the coords specified in PixelGetColor are where the mouse cursor is I want to get the color of the cursor(0xFFFFFF) not the color that is under my cursor. The reason why I want to to do this is because this happen rarely but it creates a bug in my script. 

I imagine its going to be a combo of

1) If MouseGetPos array matches your x and y Then 

2) maybe use GDI+ to screenshot, and look at that location on the screenshot and return the color...but that is probably the long way around.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

boththose wouldn't that make my script very slow? And I am still new to autoit so could you give me more information on how I would take a screenshot and check the color on the image?

Edited by phil652

Why do you need the color of the cursor? Wouldn't you already know what cursor you're using, so you'd know its color?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

BrewManNH no since there is multiple cursor let's say you put your cursor over text, the cursor is does not contain any white. What I was trying is (very simplified) this but this only check the color under the cursor

$curseurX = Int(MouseGetPos(0)+1)
$curseurY = Int(MouseGetPos(1)+1)
$useless = PixelGetColor($curseurX2, $curseurY2)

If $useless = "0xFFFFFF" Then
    ;do something

boththose wouldn't that make my script very slow

depends on what you consider slow, look at UEZ's GDI+ screenshot stuff.  I bet you can accomplish this task multiple times a second.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Would MouseGetCursor do what you're looking to do? Because the Pixel* functions don't read the cursor.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator