ControlClick only works for active window

Dear all, please see the following code:

opt("WinTitleMatchMode",1)

ControlClick("Warning","","Button1")

This is supposed to work when the "Warning" window is on the background. In fact, it always does except when I have the Mach3 software for CNC control working at the same time. Now, if I do the following, it works even with the Mach3 software active:

opt("WinTitleMatchMode",1)
WinActivate("Warning")
ControlClick("Warning","","Button1")

Any possible reason for that? Not very important, I have no problems making the "Warning" window being active, but still it looks strange to me. Oh, and using the advanced mode, like below, does not help:

ControlClick("[CLASS:#32770]; Title:Warning","","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

Thank you for any help,

Cabrunco

what apps/programs are you trying to automate? kindly post your script.

Edited by 232showtime

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

It is a program I wrote myself on AutoIt (the GUI). It only does simple things, like sending messages like "Are you ready?" or "Waiting", "Warning", and changes some fields to "Done", "Measuring", etc. Nothing special, I am really just trying to learn about autoit. Enough detail, or do you need more info? I tested again here after closing Mach3, and it is not working anymore even with it closed.

As I said, it is not a very big deal, but it used to work before. I am using Windows 8. Maybe I did not do the advanced mode right...

I think I just understood what happened. It works, but it clicks and just selects the button. I need to click again, and then it works properly. In other words, I send the ControlClick twice. Good enough for me. Cheers!