Most organic (time) gap between typing alphabets

Hello :)

I am trying to make a function which.... Ummm.... I don't know the word, Please run this code and you will get it:

<snip>

Which time gap looks the most organic (Which time gap looks like a human is typing them)?

Thanks! TD :D

Edit: I am conducting this research because I just saw a Brain Games on Nat Geo which says (and proves) that The more people take part, The more better result. :D

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I can type about 35-40 words per minute, that would be about 170-200 characters per minute using a 5 letter word as an average. I can type approximately 3 +/- characters per second in that time frame. But that's an average amount of typing, some seconds I might only type one character, some I might type 6 depending upon the word.

To make a program type in a human-like fashion, you'd need to vary the typing delay, because practically no one types at a consistent rate.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

you'd need to vary the typing delay, because practically no one types at a consistent rate

​I tried using random to add/subtract the time gap, it didn't look good :P

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

@BrewManHD Here you go:

<snip>

170 ms time gap looks very similar to my typing speed :D

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

• Moderators

TheDcoder,

And just why are you trying to do this?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I might only type one character, some I might type 6 depending upon the word.

That's so true, but why?
I think that's because it depends on the distance between keys on keyboard.

If you are going to type "asd", you will be quite fast because 'a', 's' and 'd' are close to each other, but when you want to type 'qit', it will take more time, because of the distance between keys on keyboard.

The other thing to consider, is that we type using 2 hands. The left hand works much better in typing words which the characters on the keyboard are from left to right (Like 'asd').
The right hand works better for right to left words (Like 'poi').

If you try to test, you will see typing 'asd' is much simpler than typing 'dsa' using left hand, and typing 'poi' is much easier than typing 'iop' using right hand.

*** What I said in this post are just what I personally thought, they are not tested in any case, they are not scientifically proven or whatever, they could be all wrong ***

• Moderators

TheDcoder,

Not a good enough reason to want to simulate human typing - thread locked.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area