Old scripts which used to run now start paused

Hi, I just started using AutoIt a couple of days ago. I was building up a GUI and a bunch of smaller scripts, and they were working fine. I closed and re-opened a script, and my BitDefender AV quarantined it and two other scripts as 'suspicious'. I added them as exceptions, but now I can't execute those scripts, even after uninstalling the AV responsible. When I run them, they start paused and can't be unpaused. There is nothing in those scripts which would cause those scripts to pause, like RunWait. One of them is literally just the framework of a GUI, and all three scripts ran just fine before being quarantined. I can't re-compile the scripts and get them to run. I can't re-compile them under a different name and get them to run. Other scripts can still run. All AV/Firewall are disabled.

Included is an example of the GUI I can't run. It's still just a skeleton, but it won't execute even the first line. I have no idea what's going on and it's really annoying me. If anyone can help me out, I would be extremely grateful.

Test.au3

Please, have a look at this wiki: AutoIt and Malware

Maybe include the AutoIt3 directory found in the Program Files to your exception list might potentially do the trick.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

Freec,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

You will not be happy to hear that I can run that script both from within SciTE and when compiled without problem. You mention not being able to compile - are you able to run the scripts from within SciTE? If not then I suggest adding the "AutoIt3" folder to your exception list.  And also add "C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe" as that folder holds the temporary files during compilation.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I've sent BD a message about this. Having uninstalled BD and disabled all AV/firewalls, there's no active exception list for me to add it to. My system is running completely without protection, and I still can't run these scripts.

To clarify, the compilation process doesn't seem to report any errors. I'm able to create new scripts and new exe's, but I can't run them if they contain code similar to code in the blocked scripts. It doesn't seem to be an issue with #include - ing things, either, since I can run other scripts which include both GUIConstantsEx.au3 and MsgBoxConstants.au3.

I just followed your advice to see if I could run scripts from within SciTE (I didn't even know that this could be done until now) and I am able to do so with no problems.

Thanks for your help.

• Moderators

Freec,

I can only suggest that you have something still running which is flagging AutoIt exes as malware.  Are you sure you have uninstalled everything?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

It sounds like something is still blocking behind the scenes, Go into the process manager of task manager and check the descriptions to see if you still have any AV running, if this is not the case then maybe reinstall SciTE and restart your computer.

Then, try it again.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

My first feeling was that I was being blocked by some other thing as well, but I went through the active processes list and I've got nothing which corresponds to an AV.

I guess I may as well re-install SciTE. Here's hoping that that fixes it.

Let us know how it goes..

Snips & Scripts

I've re-installed SciTE and restarted. The only change is that I now can't compile anything.

I'm getting the error: !>18:38:13 Problem copying file from: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3mbxaqej.exe To :C:\Users\*\Desktop\AutoIt\GUI.exe

I guess having a different problem altogether is a kind of progress.

Edit: That problem was solved by launching AutoIt with admin privileges - I guess my AppData folder now requires admin privileges for some reason. Still having the same problem as before.

Edited by Freec

is that truly how many chrome processes you have running? :blink:

Snips & Scripts

It's 6 tabs and a bunch of extensions. I hate how Chrome just calls every related process chrome.exe, because if I need to kill a tab or an extension, I have to kill random things until I hit the right one. All I can say for sure is that none of them are viruses, since they all close when I close my Chrome windows.

Good deal, I hit a virus that named itself chrome.exe *32 once, and it was not a fun ordeal.

Have you restarted the AV and or if it is added the AutoIt3 folder to the exception list, along with Aut2exe?

Snips & Scripts

Have you tried reinstalling AutoIt and not just the SciTE? Also, something has to be causing it. Do you even get the option to run or compile these scripts?

Snips & Scripts

I just tried re-installing AutoIt and SciTE at the same time, then restarting. Still isn't working. Compilation seems to go fine, but I can't actually execute au3 or exe files. I can run scripts from within SciTE via F5 as long as it doesn't #include another au3 file.

Alright, after messing around a lot, I've worked out roughly what the problem is. I can run scripts and exe's as long as they don't #include other au3 files in my User Include Folder.

If I take the au3 files I want to #include and put them in the AutoIt3 Program's built-in Include Folder, it works. If they're in the User folder, it compiles, but won't run. If I set the User Include Folder to somewhere else, entirely without moving the au3 files (putting the user include folder in the wrong place), it doesn't compile, so there's something weird going on.

Anyone know what to do about this?

• Moderators

Freec,

How did you set up this user include folder?  It should only be used for your personal or downloaded include files, the standard set should be found automatically. Can you check the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" setting and see what it returns?

Do you have a "normal" Autoit install or have you placed it somewhere other than your "Program Files" folder?

M23

Spoiler

I set up the User Include Folder by going to Tools > SciTE Config and filling in the User Include Folder setting with the folder where my files are.

There are two registry keys at that location. The "(Default)" is not set ( "(value not set)" ), while the "Include" one is set to the folder where all my au3 files are (where I set it).

AutoIt is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3.

Thanks for the help.