Wait For Some Time

What is the code that makes the script wait some time before executing the next line?

sleep (1000) will wait for 1 second, but wait is it your waiting for? a window? a process to start?

Who needs puzzles when we have AutoIt!!

I want to make ir wait for a window to stop loading and then chnage it's title.But since the window is a browser and everyone will have a different homepage I though it would be easier to just let it load for 4 seconds and then continue with the script.

Also since I just downloaded autoit could you show me how to chnage the title of a window?

Edited by BulletMonk

Darn it - beated lol

tho a WinWait ("Internet Explorer") may be handy to give time for the window to be displayed before setting the title.

Edited by Rick

Who needs puzzles when we have AutoIt!!

here is your explanation

opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2); set the titlematch to match any position in the title-string
sleep (4000); waits 4 seconds
winsettitle("Internet Explorer", "", "Something else"); rename the window-title 'google.com - Microsoft Internet Explorer'  -becomes- 'Something else'

@rick: sry for being faster ;)

the only thing you need to learn autoit3 is a good idea some imagination and the helpfile

you should try to do some simple programms first

try to read some other topics as well to learn more about how things work together, there are lots of really good scripts around here and maybe you can use some of their ideas to make some own programms

RTFM < Read the fluffy manual, nice version. In otherwords, read the helpfile. It contains EVERYTHING you need to know. It lists all the functions available to AutoIt and more importantly it has an example for EVERYONE.

Should be located at Start > Programs > AutoIt > AutoIt Help File

qq

the only thing you need to learn autoit3 is a good idea some imagination and the helpfile

you should try to do some simple programms first

try to read some other topics as well to learn more about how things work together, there are lots of really good scripts around here and maybe you can use some of their ideas to make some own programms

agreed. it's always easiest to learn with direction though (can't just memorize the helpfile) so think of something you want to do, and then learn how to do that... bots for games are good (sometimes frustrating) practice, or anything that you find yourself doing that kind of annoys you, automate it. the first gui program i made was to make my job easier, automatically stepping through screens and adding notes in a command line driven program. and the forum is great for helping you learn. if someone has a problem that you think you could help solve, try to write out a working solution, researching whatever you get hung up at. you'll be making very quick progress i promise.