ControlTreeView is not working properly

Hi all,

I am experimenting with ControlTreeView function. But when i try this code, it is not doing anything.

ControlTreeView("PhraseExpress Freeware v10.5.41f","",132066,"Select","PhraseExpress|Ahat|#3")

Please see this image. I have use "WinActivate" function before this code. But no way.

000041.jpg

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

What's not working? Where's the code that shows it not working, I see one line of code with absolutely no explanation? What is 132066? Is that a control ID, a control handle, what does it represent on the GUI?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I have write code for activating Phrase express window and then selecting an item from this treeview(see image.) So i am expecting the result as a selection. But nothing is selected after the execution.  And 132066 is the control id of this treeview.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Put the control id in quotes......."[ID:132066]"

Edited by Starstar
Editing after Melba23 suggestions

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."

• Moderators

Starstar,

If you are going to make suggestions, at least make them sensible - since when have ControlIDs of any sort been strings?

From the Help file:

ID - The internal control ID. The Control ID is the internal numeric identifier that windows gives to each control

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Starstar,

If you are going to make suggestions, at least make them sensible - since when have ControlIDs of any sort been strings?

From the Help file:

ID - The internal control ID. The Control ID is the internal numeric identifier that windows gives to each control

M23

​O>K....Now is it fine......????

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."

• Moderators

Starstar,

Much better - although you might as well use the numeric value directly.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Starstar,

Much better - although you might as well use the numeric value directly.

M23

​Thanks...

@Melba does the ControlID change automatically after a system restart ?. I have experienced so. Last day control ID was 132066. But today the ID is 197582. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Use ControlGetHandle to get the handle to the control you need, handles change every time you run the script as a general rule. You don't have to use the numeric control ID of the control in the function, there are other ways of determining which control you want to get the handle from.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thank you @BrewManNH Let me try. »»»

Spoiler

My Contributions

I am going to drop this project for 2 reasons.

1. Control ID is changing after system restart.

2. "Select", "Item" command in ControlTreeView function is not working properly. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

I am going to drop this project for 2 reasons.

1. Control ID is changing after system restart.

2. "Select", "Item" command in ControlTreeView function is not working properly. 

​There is no need to discard.Keep it up every problem have a solution....If you are a hard-worker...

$ctrHndl = ControlGetHandle("Tilte".""."[CLASS:Your Class]")
ControlTreeView("PhraseExpress Freeware v10.5.41f","",$ctrHndl,"Select","PhraseExpress|Ahat|#3")

Try like this one.......

Edited by Starstar

Thank you @Starstar for the encouragement. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

@Starstar , Your code didn't work. After that i tried this, but didn't work. see this

Local $classlist = WinGetClassList("PhraseExpress Freeware v10.5.41f")
Local $ID = ControlGetHandle("PhraseExpress Freeware v10.5.41f","","[CLASS:TVirtualStringTree]")
Local $count = ControlTreeView("PhraseExpress Freeware v10.5.41f","",$ID,"GetItemCount","PhraseExpress|Ahat" )

Spoiler

My Contributions

From the helpfile: ControlTreeView sends a command to a TreeView32 control. Are you sure this is a TreeView32 control?

From the helpfile: ControlTreeView sends a command to a TreeView32 control. Are you sure this is a TreeView32 control?

​Commands like "GetItemCount, GetText" are worked very well for this control. And it really looks like a treeview control.Please see the image in my first post. But "Basic Control Info" in Window Info Tool is empty. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

For a TreeView32 control the class name in AutoIt Window Info tool will be something like SysTreeView321 as in Windows Explorer left pane treeview control.

@LarsJ Here is screenshot of window info tool

000042.jpg

Spoiler

My Contributions

I'm pretty sure it's not a TreeView32 control. It's for this reason that ControlTreeView doesn't work. You can probably automate the treeview with the UI Automation framework.