Imagesearch - Virtual Computer

My dears,

I setup a virtual computer. Hostcomputer is win7. Virtual computer is Win XP sp3 (32bit). I'm trying to use a script which uses imagesearch. I compiled it for 32 bit. But whenever i use it,  the exe file crashes. When i use "go" in autoit itself, whole autoit crashes. So i thought go small:

#include <ImageSearch.au3>

$X = 0
$Y = 0

#Region Einfache Suche2
   $SearchFluestern = _imageSearch('test.bmp', 1, $X, $Y, 50);                       
   if $SearchFluestern = 1 Then;                                                    
    sleep ( 1000 )
    MsgBox(0, "My Title", "Click OK to Continiue")
    Else;
    EndIf

Even this tiny script makes autoit crash on the virtual machine. I would be more than gratefull if anyone had expiriences to share or even a workaround.

Have a nice Day!!

Molo

i thought this: a message box, with the title: my title, the text: Click Ok to continue and the sole button ok. I copy pasted it and only used it to localise the point where the script on the virtual machine fucks up.

Edited by molotoweef

i run AutoIt in virtual PCs, from Win95 and every version of windows, all the way to Win 10 preview. No crash in any version and neither any version of AutoIt ( in each supported OS ), so, check your virtual PC's installation and setup.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

My dears,

I setup a virtual computer. Hostcomputer is win7. Virtual computer is Win XP sp3 (32bit). I'm trying to use a script which uses imagesearch. I compiled it for 32 bit. But whenever i use it,  the exe file crashes. When i use "go" in autoit itself, whole autoit crashes. So i thought go small:

#include <ImageSearch.au3>

$X = 0
$Y = 0

#Region Einfache Suche2
   $SearchFluestern = _imageSearch('test.bmp', 1, $X, $Y, 50);                       
   if $SearchFluestern = 1 Then;                                                    
    sleep ( 1000 )
    MsgBox(0, "My Title", "Click OK to Continiue")
    Else;
    EndIf

Even this tiny script makes autoit crash on the virtual machine. I would be more than gratefull if anyone had expiriences to share or even a workaround.

Have a nice Day!!

Molo

​I run VMware boxes for testbeds for our different machine types.. The easiest way to diagnose is to install Autoit on the VM and then just run the script from there.  Then you can see exactly where its crashing :)