OfficePoltergeist

ph00dz

Ok... so it's totally retarded, but I used the new tcp functionality of the AutoIt beta to build... the OfficePoltergeist. Basically, it lets you control a remote machine, playing sounds, typing text, that kind of thing. (It's not spyware -- it's just a one-way type of thing...)

You can download the source and whatnot from officepoltergeist.com

Happy Halloween!

hmmm... pretty neat.

How did you handle the the text-to-speech stuff?

I'd also like to make the monitor flicker, but I'm not sure how to do that...

I used a UDF called _TalkOBJ(search the forums).

Here is the code:

My Computer:

Func SendTTS()
    If $isConnected = False Then
        MsgBox(0, "Error", "You don't have any connections to a client.")
    Else
        $initTTS = TCPSend($socket, "tts")
        If $initTTS = 0 Then
            MsgBox(0, "Error", "Could not initiate Text To Speech.")
        Else
            Sleep(500)
            TCPSend($socket, GUICtrlRead($TTSEdit))
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

Victim's Program:

If $recvbuffer = "tts" Then
            Sleep(500)
            $tts = TCPRecv($AcceptedSocket, 100)
            $o_speech = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice")
            $o_speech.Speak($tts)
            $o_speech = ""
        EndIf

Sweet!

I found code for making the monitor go on and off as well...

Can I tell you guys something? I've been programming for a long time -- in fact, it's what I do for a living -- and I haven't been this excited about a language type of thing for... well, it seems like forever.

I found AutoIt because I had to do a fairly complex automation task... but I just couldn't stop playing around. Obviously, the folks on the forums have contributed a ton of code, so that makes complicated things pretty easy.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks....

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of making something similar to this, and then stumbled across OfficePoltergeist. Hovewer, it is not quite what I had in mind. I was thinking of

• TTS Messages
  • Broadcasting a message to the whole network without using NetSend
  • Loading a certain application
  • Blanking the screen (eg. for classrooms so teacher can talk to class)
  • Other bona fide networking purposes (not for pranks)
I am working on a networking system and need this to control it. I am using something called NNHelper.exe at the moment. I created it myself and all it does is close any open My Computer windows, Run windows and Control panel windows, and with Run and Control Panel it attempts to run "safer" versions that I have not written yet. Can some people suggest the code I need to include in an AutoIt script for these functions?
[size="4"]YOU SHALL NOT PARSE!![/size]

I use AVG on mine and my fathers computer, and Norton on my server. None of them have detected anything to do with AutoIt yet (I should mention that the Norton AV version used is the one that comes with IBM's NetFinity 1000 server - really old)

[size="4"]YOU SHALL NOT PARSE!![/size]

There's nothing wrong with people having a little fun, Valuater.

It makes me sad that we live in a society so afraid of a little mischief.

Mischief has a way of getting out of hand. If your network is down, hundreds of staff unproductive, and nobody knows why, except that somebody brought a neat looking script from home to show their colleages, you too will understand.

Who pays the support staff to field all the calls? How do you clean up the mess?

Damn skript kiddies!

Grrr... B)

See... here's the thing. I'm a network admin too -- it's one of the many hats I wear as a developer in a small business environment.

In my office anyway, we think it's ok to have a little fun at each other's expenses... but there's no way I'm going to install some crazy piece of software like sub seven on someone's machine. It's only going to create headaches later.

With OfficePoltergeist, there's no mess to clean up.

That's why I built OfficePoltergeist. I mean... I can't be the only techie type d00d who's wanted to mess around with other people's computers. OfficePoltergeist is intentionally limited in terms of what it can do, so it's of no real value to the script kiddies and whatnot.

If it were me, I'd wanna know what was going on behind the scenes as well. That's why the source is available... One of the rad things about AutoIt -- it's not too hard for even the most basic technical person to read the source code and see what's going on.

Anyway, since this is the "v3 Scripts and Scraps" forum and all, I've attached the source to OfficePoltergeist.

I'm certainly open to suggestions as to how it could be made better.

opserver.au3

opcontrol.au3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...