WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP

PJThys

I made a WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP but don't know how let it work.

How to display help when clicking on the ? button

thx in advance

Peter

Hmm.. can you either post some code or describe a bit more detailed what you want to achieve?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I want to have a ?-mark in my windows title, left of the minimize button Top right corner of the window. This questionmark appears when i create a gui with extended style $WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP . If I click on the questionmark the cursor has to change to a cursor with questiomark and give me tooltip like information of the area on the screen I click on with this context help cursor. Standard windows behaviour. I managed to get this question mark appear (only on windows 2000, not on Windows XP ???), but I don't know how to code the standard behaviour, ie change cursor, and give tooltip-like info when clicking on the screen. Try using windowskey+pause/break and you see what i mean.

thx

Peter

Hmm.. can you either post some code or describe a bit more detailed what you want to achieve?

Cheers

Kurt

I want to have a ?-mark in my windows title, left of the minimize button Top right corner of the window. This questionmark appears when i create a gui with extended style $WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP . If I click on the questionmark the cursor has to change to a cursor with questiomark and give me tooltip like information of the area on the screen I click on with this context help cursor. Standard windows behaviour. I managed to get this question mark appear (only on windows 2000, not on Windows XP ???), but I don't know how to code the standard behaviour, ie change cursor, and give tooltip-like info when clicking on the screen. Try using windowskey+pause/break and you see what i mean.

thx

Peter

For the cursor part: See GUISetCursor().

For the click on the questionmark: What EVENT do you get with GUIGetMsg() when you click the questionmark?

For the rest: Well, that's the most work. You'll have to remember that the questionmark was clicked. If that has happened, change the cursor style. Now, if there is another mouse click (EVENT: $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN) then you will have to figure out where on the screen the mouse button was clicked (MouseGetPos(), see also MouseCoordMode) and if there is anything you need help for. For the later: One way would be to build an array that holds the coordinates of all your GUI Controls. Loop through the array and try to find a matching Control. If there is one, display the help text (probably stored in the same array or in a different array).

EDIT: For the tooltip help see: ToolTip()

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *