Running a shortcut

I'm trying to run a shortcut to a file, but I haven't been able to locate any commands that work(run doesn't do it). Unfortunately I'm in a situation at work where, due to network restrictions, I am unable to actually run the source file, but I have to be able to open the file using AutoIt to complete my assignment!! Any ideas on how to get this to work, or any possible workarounds?

Unfortunately that doesn't work (I had already tried that waaaaaaay long before becoming frustrated enough to post a question), as I am not able to access the file directly. In any way. Tried seven thousand different combos (going so far as to write a script to open outlook and browse to the file that way....almost worked) Hmm...I'll just have to find some other way to do what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the help though!

Unfortunately that doesn't work (I had already tried that waaaaaaay long before becoming frustrated enough to post a question), as I am not able to access the file directly. In any way. Tried seven thousand different combos (going so far as to write a script to open outlook and browse to the file that way....almost worked) Hmm...I'll just have to find some other way to do what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the help though!

It would help if you could post your code and the error messages (if there are any). Otherwise we can only speculate what's going wrong!

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

"$link =;Your link location

$array = FileGetShortcut($link)

Run($array[0], $array[1], $array[6])"

Somehow, this worked perfectly. Thank you Ghastly_MIB! I'm not sure why it worked though. Isn't this essentially doing the exact same thing as run("thebaseapplication")?

"$link =;Your link location

$array = FileGetShortcut($link)

Run($array[0], $array[1], $array[6])"

Somehow, this worked perfectly. Thank you Ghastly_MIB! I'm not sure why it worked though. Isn't this essentially doing the exact same thing as run("thebaseapplication")?

Jep,

Run("application dir", "Working directory", "Window settings (minimized, maximezer e.d.)")