Scripting Active Directory - Grouppolicy Settings

memnon

The beta has COM support that can be used to do this. There are actually more than one choice in doing this with COM -- I have used the ADSI interfaces with good results.

You'll need to do some reading at MSDN and some searching in the forum here for examples, but you can do it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

The beta has COM support that can be used to do this. There are actually more than one choice in doing this with COM -- I have used the ADSI interfaces with good results.

You'll need to do some reading at MSDN and some searching in the forum here for examples, but you can do it.

Dale

i searched the forum already for gpo related topics, but found nothing, so i made this thread

could you give me a sample of how could be done this ?

das beste Windows Support Forum: Windows 2000 Helpline und tschüss den WindowsfehlernProgrammieren: Autoit 3 - wer braucht noch VBS ?!Programmieren: Autoit 3 Forum?

i think i found the answer for myself ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...81057ffcef.mspx

Note

Scripted control of individual settings inside a GPO is not provided.

The scripts include examples written in VBScript and JScript. They all have the .wsf extension and are executed through Windows Script Host (WSH), which is included with Windows Server 2003 and other recent versions of Windows. All of the scripts should be executed from the command line. Executing a script with the /? switch displays the usage for that script.

das beste Windows Support Forum: Windows 2000 Helpline und tschüss den WindowsfehlernProgrammieren: Autoit 3 - wer braucht noch VBS ?!Programmieren: Autoit 3 Forum?

i think i found the answer for myself B)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...81057ffcef.mspx

Scripted control of individual settings inside a GPO is not provided.

Well, I'm not that sure. The article, whose link you posted, talks about the following scripts.

• Back up a GPO -> BackupGPO.wsf
  • Import settings into a GPO -> ImportGPO.wsf
  • Restore a GPO -> RestoreGPO.wsf
I bet they use some kind of COM interface within those scripts. Unfortunately I cannot test it, as the GPMC needs WinXP od Win2k3. However you could download the GPMC and send or post the above scripts (or PM them to me). Let's look how they back up and restore a GPO. I guess we can change the setting before restoring or importing the GPO settings.

GPMC download link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

i think you misunderstood....

read THAT line: Scripted control of individual settings inside a GPO is not provided.

and thats exaclty what i wanted to do

only thing would be to analyse a backuped gpo but i think that would be really to complex

Edited by memnon

• 2 weeks later...