Flickr AutoDownloadr

ning

I wanted to show off some Flickr photos on my laptop with a TV, but I got a bit annoyed that there's no fullscreen slideshow facility on Flickr (how could there be, it's a website). So I wrote a program to do that for me. In the process of writing it, it turned into a monster and now stands just short of 1000 lines (including comments but not including Includes, if you follow me). I'm really proud of this script!

You can browse photos from any Flickr user, or click 'all users' for a random selection of interesting photos. Change the resolution setting to speed up downloading if you need to. You can also view photos on your local hard drive. In slideshow mode, use the arrow keys to navigate or press F1 for help. Press ESC to exit.

I won't post the code because it relies on quite a few things being present, including the AutoIt beta, JHead, and my JHead wrapper script. You can download the compiled executable from my webpage. I've allowed decompilation, so you can look at the source if you want to.

hmm, edit: I've tried decompiling it and it says 'incorrect passphrase', even though I didn't compile it with a passphrase. Odd. Anyway I'll attach the code since I assume people will be interested.

Comments and suggestions: either post here or email me (click 'About' in the program for my address).

cheers

ben

Flickr_AutoDownloadr.au3

Comments and suggestions: either post here or email me (click 'About' in the program for my address).

cheers

ben

@ning, nice coding to start but there are a few #includes that are not added. See below:

#include <get_image_size.au3>

#include "convert_html_chars.au3"

#include <get_exif_data.au3>

Obviously, errors result from the lack of these files. But your scripting code gives me some ideas otherwise. I do not use or ever heard of flickr.com but I am sure this works great for what it is intended for.. B)

Cheers.. :o

@ning, nice coding to start but there are a few #includes that are not added.

That was intentional on my part; if you want to run the program you should download the compiled EXE from my website (link above). Here are the includes - to get the full functionality though, you should also download JHead.

ben

get_exif_data.au3

convert_html_chars.au3

get_image_size.au3