Autoit and VB6

ESelick

Hi

I'm new to Autoit and old to programming. I would like to enhance the Visual Basic 6 IDE with Autoit if this is possible. My first script would simply insert the date and time and the current Version and build numbers into visual basic source files. I would pass into the Autoit script as a command line paramter.

I suppose the same technique would be required to work with Word or Excel or any other program

Will this be possible at all. The script examples start notepad from within an Autoit script. Is this the only way to do or is is possible to start autoit and have it sit there in the background waiting for keystrokes from any other simultaneously executing Windows program.

What's the best way to get this to work?

Thanks all,

Elliot B)

You may wish to take a look at AutoitX, which can expose to VB a subset of au3 functionality.

For handling versioning information, use version control software - ms vss integrates well w/ vb6 right out of the box, and others are readily configurable using vb command line syntax.

Hope that helps - if I totally misunderstood your post, please attempt to clarify exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish. With software, nearly anything is possible w/ enough time and/or money. B)

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Hi,

I have a script that I leave looping (visible only in the tray), reading registry items all the time (can be set at any time by Word vba or vbscript or other programs), ready to run appropriate AutoIt command.

Is that what you mean, or AutoITX as above (better if i could be bothered!)

Best, Randall