CD Burning

I am looking for a free command line cd burning application to use in an autoit script. The only two that I know of are cdrdao and cdrecord. These two apps seem to not do exactly what I want and also seem quite complicated.

I am looking for somthing that would have a syntax like: "burn.exe -c:\FolderToBurnToCD."

Seems fairly simple but I can't seem to find anything to do this.

Thanks

Hmm this one only supports command line burning of iso files:

CDBurn

[Edit] 1

This one is exactly what you want! ....... but its not free B) take a look at it maybe its worth spending a couple of dollars, i don't know:

Cheetah-CommandLine-Burner

[Edit] 2

I found EXACTLY what you want FOR FREE! ^^ :o

This one:

Express-Burn

Look at the help file for the commandline options:

Command Line Options

You can run Express Burn from the Windows command line. Any or all options can be used and repeated as needed. No prompts occur when using command line options. Burn settings and other such options will default to the last used setting. The following options are available:

-clear  Clears the current list. Always use this as the first argument.
-type audio     Set the CD to be a Audio CD (CD-DA). This must be provided before any files.
-type data  Set the CD as a Data CD. This must be provided before any files.
-label label    Sets the Data CD volume label.
-hide   Hides Express Burn
-show   Reveals the Express Burn window
-list "ListFilePath"    ListFilePath is a text file containing a list of files to burn. One file path per line.

-file "FilePath"    Add the file to the current CD
"FilePath"  Add the file to the current CD. (ie. If no argument is provided)
-burn   Burn the files to CD (all other arguments except -exit are processed first)
-erase  Erases a CD/RW disk
-isocreate filename Creates an ISO image from the currently loaded CD
-isowrite filename  Write an ISO Image
-exit   Closes Express Burn (after burning is complete)

Examples:

"C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Burn\burn.exe" -clear -type data -label "MyCD" -list "C:\MyDocuments\file.txt" -burn -exit

Will burn all files listed in C:\MyDocuments\file.txt as a data CD and then exit Express Burn.

"C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Burn\burn.exe" -clear -type audio "C:\SomeFolder\track1.wav" "C:\SomeFolder\track2.mp3" "C:\SomeFolder\track3.mp3" -burn
    Will create a music CD with 3 tracks (track1.wav, track2.mp3 and track3.mp3). The files will be converted as needed. Express Burn will be left running after the burn finishes.

I think that is what you needed, have fun!

Ill let you know when i find something

Felix N. (tdlrali)

Edited by Felix N.

Hmm this one only supports command line burning of iso files:

CDBurn

[Edit] 1

This one is exactly what you want! ....... but its not free B) take a look at it maybe its worth spending a couple of dollars, i don't know:

Cheetah-CommandLine-Burner

[Edit] 2

I found EXACTLY what you want FOR FREE! ^^ :o

This one:

Express-Burn

Look at the help file for the commandline options:

Command Line Options

You can run Express Burn from the Windows command line. Any or all options can be used and repeated as needed. No prompts occur when using command line options. Burn settings and other such options will default to the last used setting. The following options are available:
-clear     Clears the current list. Always use this as the first argument.
-type audio     Set the CD to be a Audio CD (CD-DA). This must be provided before any files.
-type data     Set the CD as a Data CD. This must be provided before any files.
-label label     Sets the Data CD volume label.
-hide     Hides Express Burn
-show     Reveals the Express Burn window
-list "ListFilePath"    ListFilePath is a text file containing a list of files to burn. One file path per line.

-file "FilePath"    Add the file to the current CD
"FilePath"     Add the file to the current CD. (ie. If no argument is provided)
-burn     Burn the files to CD (all other arguments except -exit are processed first)
-erase     Erases a CD/RW disk
-isocreate filename    Creates an ISO image from the currently loaded CD
-isowrite filename     Write an ISO Image
-exit     Closes Express Burn (after burning is complete)

Examples:

"C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Burn\burn.exe" -clear -type data -label "MyCD" -list "C:\MyDocuments\file.txt" -burn -exit

Will burn all files listed in C:\MyDocuments\file.txt as a data CD and then exit Express Burn.

"C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Burn\burn.exe" -clear -type audio "C:\SomeFolder\track1.wav" "C:\SomeFolder\track2.mp3" "C:\SomeFolder\track3.mp3" -burn
    Will create a music CD with 3 tracks (track1.wav, track2.mp3 and track3.mp3). The files will be converted as needed. Express Burn will be left running after the burn finishes.

I think that is what you needed, have fun!

Ill let you know when i find something

Felix N. (tdlrali)

Thank you very much. This will be a HUGE help. I will look deeper into the apps to figure out which one I want to use.

Thanks again!!!

• 1 year later...