Find Network Printers

strate

Would anyone know of any methods to aquire the full printer/port name of a tcp/ip network printer connection?

Example of what I will need returned: Zebra170Xi III on IP_XXX.XXX.XXX.XX

I have a printing application that when is placed on a new computer, I need to enter the full printer name into a file. I'd like it so that the program finds what printers are available, and does this on its own. Using the registry will give the printer name, while C:\windows\system32>CSCRIPT PRNPORT.VBS -l will return the TCP ports. I have found no way to link those every time with no chance of error. Is there a list created by windows somewhere I could use? Or another method to get these results?

Does that even make sense?`

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Hmm, i understand your question and what you need, but i think it's not possible to do this in autoit so easily B) ..

I guess it is possible with the TCP/IP functions, but you would need to find out how you search for printers and how they respond....

If i find something i will tell you

Felix N. (tdlrali)

you might want to look into the Win32_TCPIPPrinterPort wmi class, if you don't mind using beta then also look up AutoIt Scriptomatic Tool in the scripts and scraps

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.