Cannot ControlSend to [CLASS:QWidget]

I have a QWidget-Tool, which most probably doesn't inherit the QAsscessiblity interface.

It has a main menu, and I thought, nevertheless it should be able to Send/ControlSend etc some keystrokes.

ControlSend($hWnd,"" ,"[CLASS:QWidget]", "!I {ENTER}")
    WinMenuSelectItem($hWnd,"","&IE", "&Open")
    Send("!I {ENTER}")

None of the above work. Do you have any idea, if it could be made working ?

HeinrichA

You are sending Capital "i" .But mostly Alt commands are used small alphabet.

One more thing i am not sure but you must try key combination like this... "!i+{ENTER}"

Edited by Starstar

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."

• Moderators

Starstar, are you trying your suggestions before posting them? Why are you suggesting the OP send SHIFT/Enter (+), rather than just Enter, as a resolution to his issue?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

You are sending Capital "i" .But mostly Alt commands are used small alphabet.

One more thing i am not sure but you must try key combination like this... "!i+{ENTER}"

Thanks for answering. I was able yesterday, to figure out the same thing. But in the help this issue wasn't emphasized enough for me ... (see quote below). Strangely enough, only Send("!i {ENTER}") worked for me, all other commands didn't give a result.

N.B. Some programs are very choosy about capital letters and ALT keys, i.e., "!A" is different from "!a". The first says ALT+SHIFT+A, the second is ALT+a. If in doubt, use lowercase!