Any ideas to catch a pixel

Hi.

I have tried to use PixelSearch to find a pixel, but the pixel I'm looking for is changing all the time. Then I tried to use option shade-variation, but then the mouse is jumping to another place. Not even close to where the pixel I'm looking for is located.

Is there some way I can accomplish my task? Any other method I can try that I haven't thought of?

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

Can you please tell us which program you try to automate?
You have been on the forum long enough to know the forum rules so I assume a valid reason for using PixelSearch :huh:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes, it's true. I have been here for a long time, but that does not make me an Expert.

But i's not a game auto or any kind.

We have at my Company a very old dos app some of our users still use. We are tried of installing it over and over Again. So now my boss want me to find a solution how to install this Automatic and the only idea I have is to do a pixelsearch. 

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

• Moderators

Can you please post a screenshot of the installation screens, so we can see what you're after? Is the application a commercial product, something you could convert to an MSI so you can deploy it silently?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

The idea of making it an MSI package is simply moving forward it will be simple to install. Pixel searching is HORRIBLE when looking for things on a screen. even the slightest change in the screen breaks it.

A second approach is this - what happens when you copy all the installed files from one machine from another? if you can do it and it works - you could just make a zip file that when unzip puts all the files in the right place - shortcut on the desktop, the main running files, and so forth.  For example if I wanted to I could do this for ccleaner. I just put the working directory and the desktop shortcut in a zip file and when I need to install it - I just unzip the file on the local PC in question. Simple.

• Moderators

Why is this relevant?

This app is for internal view only. I can't make screnshoot of Company material. :ermm:

​It's relevant because you're asking for assistance, but don't want to provide any information. It's also relevant because you claim to be installing a dos app, which is unavailable in Windows7 (unless you just don't know what you're talking about and it is a modern app that simply installs through a command line window); this leads to a question of which OS you're trying to install this application on. It's relevant because pixelsearch for an application install is an insanely backward way of doing it, and by giving us an appropriate amount of information we can show you easier and more stable methods. Basically, it is relevant because people are trying to get enough information from you to help you, but it is like pulling teeth.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

​It's relevant because you're asking for assistance, but don't want to provide any information. It's also relevant because you claim to be installing a dos app, which is unavailable in Windows7 (unless you just don't know what you're talking about and it is a modern app that simply installs through a command line window); this leads to a question of which OS you're trying to install this application on. It's relevant because pixelsearch for an application install is an insanely backward way of doing it, and by giving us an appropriate amount of information we can show you easier and more stable methods. Basically, it is relevant because people are trying to get enough information from you to help you, but it is like pulling teeth.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

​Well said.

I'll add one more thing - some of us have LOTS of experience in using AutoIt in automating something. When we ask - we have good reasons for asking. I've been using it since 2005. JLogan since 2009. I can speak for him on this. We are experienced. So - if you want help there are ways to answer the questions without letting your company secret out of the bag. Screenshots of the app with text marked out for example. How does the current installer work? have you tried to see if it supports command line? lots of ways to do this.

What could you possibly be learning from a pixel value that you wouldnt from stdout / stderr?

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

We have at my Company a very old dos app some of our users still use. We are tried of installing it over and over Again. So now my boss want me to find a solution how to install this Automatic .....blah

..and I've been around since the days of DRDOS and TPascal :)

​hmm, and you want to tell us seriously that an old "DOS"-Program needs mouseklicks to install? Really? No shortcuts? Really? No batchfile or installation-routine? Really? And a screenshot of the installation violates trade secrets? Really?

I admire all those other users here replying to such a b***sh**! Really!

@AndyG : what's your anger for ? , the comment was for the OP

@TheDcoder : yes it is just a colored command prompt.

There are command line / DOS / whatever apps that don't output to "stdout / stderr" yet you can see it on the screen ( memory magic writing ? ) and also even those that would work on graphic mode ( tho I doubt they would run in a DOS box )

If I was @Valnurat , I'd OCR the screen but have not seen the OP again and we are all getting red for someone who is not very straight forward.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Moderators

Hi,

Can all the wannabee Mods just chill a bit please.  If you have serious suspicions about a post then use the "Report" button to let the Moderation team know about it and we will take a look - continually posting your personal opinions in the thread does nothing other than annoy others, which I am sure is not the intention.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@AndyG ,  this app. ( http://www.timingiseverything.com/ELFTREE.HTM )  written for DOS, 4DOS, etc., still runs on XP 32bit, ( I'd have to try other win versions ) and to me was better than any other shell of the time ( PC tools, Norton, etc. ), so, yes, it's possible to must have an app that is a DOS box, ...some MAS90 stuff still now days running from a DOS box.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Wow, I thought DOS's apps cannot be executed on windows

P.S I remember opening exe files with notepad hoping hack the game :P & there will be a small note between the binary characters: 

This program cannot be ran on DOS (or something similar to that)

I done stuff like this when I was 11 (yeah, before 3 years. what an improvement :P)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion