Should I report it as a bug or not?

Hello, I encounter a strange problem yesterday with _ArrayDisplay(), I fixed some bugs in my program and I tried to debug an array with _ArrayDisplay to check if it is working... Then all of a sudden I got this "Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded". It was almost mid night so I slept, the morning I removed the _ArrayDisplay and tried it again, the result? SUCCESS!!!

Should I report it?

Thanks in Advance, TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

We can't tell without having seen your code.
Most of the time the problem is in the users script!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@water I can't post my script. But I know that It has to do nothing with the script b/c I only removed the Line with _ArrayDisplay

TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

You need to provide more information for us to help you.
At least provide

• the line where you call _ArrayDisplay
  • the full output of SciTE from the output pane
  • the result of "ConsoleWrite(IsArray(yourvariable))" inserted before you call _ArrayDisplay

I'm nearly 100% sure that there is no bug in _ArrayDisplay.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

@water I can't post my script. But I know that It has to do nothing with the script b/c I only removed the Line with _ArrayDisplay

​No replication script = No Bug

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sorry, But I think It was my mistake. The code works fine now for some reason... Thanks everyone for your precious time, TD :)

P.S  Maybe my AV is to blame? or My RAM :think:

Most of the time the coder causes the problem :) 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So many mistakes to make, so little time :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@water Totally agree. Like the commonly quoted quote:

99 little bugs, 99 little bugs

Fix some & patch around

1XX Bugs!