TreeView

PaulDG

Is there any way to check and uncheck treeview items from there handle instead of there id's, without using _GUICtrlTreeViewGetParentID.

Using Sendmsg I can find out all the handles of the children of a parent node, when that node is checked I would like to check all its children and vice versa.

I would also like to be able to detect if a child is checked or not by using there handle, again without having to use _GUICtrlTreeViewGetParentID.

Alternatively, is there anyway to get the ID of a treeviewitem from its handle, without having to actually give focus to that item and read it. I would not even mind running an array/hash of id's/handles so I could look them up if I could figure out a way to read the handle at the same time as I defined the control.

Many Thanks for any help.

Edit: Sorry Wrong section

Edited by PaulGX

Is there any way to check and uncheck treeview items from there handle instead of there id's, without using _GUICtrlTreeViewGetParentID.

Using Sendmsg I can find out all the handles of the children of a parent node, when that node is checked I would like to check all its children and vice versa.

I would also like to be able to detect if a child is checked or not by using there handle, again without having to use _GUICtrlTreeViewGetParentID.

Alternatively, is there anyway to get the ID of a treeviewitem from its handle, without having to actually give focus to that item and read it. I would not even mind running an array/hash of id's/handles so I could look them up if I could figure out a way to read the handle at the same time as I defined the control.

Many Thanks for any help.

Edit: Sorry Wrong section

try this

$controlID=GuiCtrlRead($TreeView) ;returns ID of control who has focus

$state=GUICtrlRead($controlID)

$state=BitAND($state,$GUI_CHECKED+$GUI_UNCHECKED)

try this

$controlID=GuiCtrlRead($TreeView) ;returns ID of control who has focus

$state=GUICtrlRead($controlID)

$state=BitAND($state,$GUI_CHECKED+$GUI_UNCHECKED)

your correct B) , two hours of sleep and this hurricane has got me a little buggy..LOL

Now you have me wanting to check out GUICtrlSendMsg/GUICtrRecvMsg..time for me to to jump over to MSDN.

Later

Jim

Can anyone else shed any light on this?

Your idea using arrays is what I do. I keep parents and kids IDs in an array then check/uncheck all in that node depending on user selection....works for me.

I think doing it by handles you will need to use Sendmsg via API call.