MouseClick

Hello everyone,

Quick question about right click. I have this application that takes no key shortcuts and I have a list of files to select from. I select the file and I have to right click on that file to select some options. Now, I can get everything done except I do not know how to make the mouse cursor move to the selected file so I can give it a MouseClick("right") function.

I hope I am clear... any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by besnia

• Moderators

If you know how many over or what not, you might try Send("{Tab 4}") or Send("{Down 4}") ; Send("{Right 4}") or whatever ... the "4" you see is the number of times to send that particular command.

Hope this gives you some ideas... maybe someone else has a better idea, I know there is a windows menu option you might look at too in the help file.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If you know how many over or what not, you might try Send("{Tab 4}") or Send("{Down 4}") ; Send("{Right 4}") or whatever ... the "4" you see is the number of times to send that particular command.

Hope this gives you some ideas... maybe someone else has a better idea, I know there is a windows menu option you might look at too in the help file.

No, the thing is every single time the selected file is different and located on the different position. I can do a search for the file and select it that way but then the mouse cursor is somewhere on the screen and the MouseClick("right") is over different area. I do not think a Macro would work either since the cursor is in different places. I was wandering if there is a command in AutoIT to bring cursor to selected area? That would be safest and sure to work.

Thanks for your input and any more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

No, the thing is every single time the selected file is different and located on the different position. I can do a search for the file and select it that way but then the mouse cursor is somewhere on the screen and the MouseClick("right") is over different area. I do not think a Macro would work either since the cursor is in different places. I was wandering if there is a command in AutoIT to bring cursor to selected area? That would be safest and sure to work.

I found it:) The right solution for me was
Send("{APPSKEY}")

Cheers!

Edited by besnia

If you can find the position of where you want to rightclick you could use MouseClick (see help file for use)

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother