Stuff for release

Jon

• Administrators

Now, for the release version/candidate/whatever I intend:

- Add: IsNumber()

- Add: {} support for ControlSend()

- Add: Correct date stamps for FileInstall() (Larry, did you have some date setting code?)

- Change: Function return values (if we can ever get >3 people to agree :whistle: )

- Help file finished

- A brief "simple use" tutorial (hopefully others will improve on it later)

- Example scripts/functions

Anything else outstanding is for future release. (Debug, Exe2Aut, etc.)

If that happens can anyone think of anything we would possibly change that would break compatibility in the future? (For example, I never want to change the format of a compiled exe so I need to get the FileInstall/Date code finished right now). I don't mind releasing soon with bits missing as long as we don't decide to change something later.

I can't think of anything, I'm happy with the function names, variants, loop syntax (including Select B) ), functions, arrays. Some error messages are a bit misleading but nothing major.

I did want it released before xmas but it's not looking likely - maybe the AutoIt3.exe file will be ready for xmas but the help file/website will take a bit longer.

• Administrators

- Add: Correct date stamps for FileInstall() (Larry, did you have some date setting code?)

you want to log the file date/time, then apply the date/time to the extracted file?

Yeah. I guess that's how zip does it.

- Change: Function return values (if we can ever get >3 people to agree  )

I agree with that, although you'll never be able to please everybody, no matter what the return values are.

Anything else outstanding is for future release. (Debug, Exe2Aut, etc.)

I assume ReDim falls into that category? If so, is it high on the priority list? I'm sort of surprised people haven't been asking for it (Unless they're using JPM's debug version...). I didn't even realize AutoIt didn't support array resizing until last night when I started pre-liminary work on a couple functions that need dynamically sized arrays.

I want to have back the :

- FileMove accepting wildcards.

to have the :

- Redim

- Round

- InputBox timeout

- command line allowing tab as a separator

- commented group lines

- consistent StringIs... with Is... related with the String/Number type

- display of current line in the traytip (tiny part of the dbg-bastard)

- error code

. if return can be use in an IF return 1 for success

. if no error to be set no @error destruction

. same type error/return same value : not true for timeout or notOpen

- solution for "SetEnv, _%VAR%, something" my last not translatable AutoIt V2

I can certainly wait 3.1 release for other dbg-bastard stuff

I hope that help :whistle:B)

Where are the code submission guidelines; I can't find them anymore!

I'd simply like to suggest some remarks/examples for the Help file, if possible B)

Sample Remarks:

WinGetPos returns negative numbers if its target is minimized.

WinMove has no effect on minimized windows. (That's a feature, right?:whistle:)

If multiple windows match the criteria for WinGetText, the information for the most recently active match is returned.

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I'd simply like to suggest some examples for the Help file, if possible  :whistle:

The code submission guidelines weren't for scripts/examples but for C++ code by (would-be) developers.

The code submission guidelines weren't for scripts/examples but for C++ code by (would-be) developers. Valik, I believe the guidlines also covered help file submissions. Jon wanted diffs or something even for documentation.

For example, see http://www.hiddensoft.com/forum/index.php?...26&hl=help+file

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

The code for adding the files in Aut2Exe is in a LIB. I think that code needs to be ammended to add a date stamp as the first umpteen bytes. Then the AutoIt3 src needs to read the first umpteen bytes to retrieve the date.

as for the date function.

from the user's perspective, I think passing an array of date/time info is probably prudent. But, I do not yet know how to access the elements of an array within the autoit3 src. get me? I need to know how to check if the variant I receive is an array, has the correct # of elements, then I process them defaulting to zero when there is invalid data. I can't start until I have clarence.  B)

:whistle:

Oh don't worry about actually doing it, I've got that covered and it will all be handled inside the exe_read/write.lib anyway. I just wanted the names of the APIs that do it as I remember you played around with it a while ago. None of the Aut2exe/AutoIt sources will need to be changed at all. :angry:

Edit: Done the code now, was pretty straightforward.

• Administrators

Damn, deleted those by accident as well, no back up :whistle:

Anyone got a copy? I don't want to write it out again...

• Administrators

I assume ReDim falls into that category?  If so, is it high on the priority list?  I'm sort of surprised people haven't been asking for it (Unless they're using JPM's debug version...).  I didn't even realize AutoIt didn't support array resizing until last night when I started pre-liminary work on a couple functions that need dynamically sized arrays.

I'd forgotten about ReDim as it's one of those things I'd never use.

• Administrators

- solution for "SetEnv, _%VAR%, something" my last not translatable AutoIt V2

I thought FileMove did accept wildcards?

I don't understand your SetEnv problem. EnvSet is in v3 and env expansion is an AutoItSetOption option.

• Administrators

I remember why I changed it now: the old way trashed the timestamps - so just renaming/moving a file changed the creation date which was a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...