Sign in to follow this  
EndFunc

$STDOUT_CHILD is not producing any results

Whenever I try to run this simple command it does not work with the constants at the end. If I remove the $STDERR_CHILD and $STDOUT_CHILD, the command works but of course I can't capture the text. I've tried many ways. I have the autoconstants include declared also. I looked at other topics in the forum and many are very old but didn't seem to be this scenario. AutoIt ver 3.3.12

Local $get = Run(@ComSpec & " /c ipconfig","",@SW_SHOW,$STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
        $sOutput = StdoutRead($get)
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)
     WEnd
Edited by EndFunc

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

#include<MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include<AutoItConstants.au3>
Local $get = Run(@ComSpec & " /c ipconfig","",@SW_SHOW,$STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        Run("notepad.exe")
        Send($sOutput)
     WEnd

This code worked well for me.  What kind of error are you getting?

Ah, I'm stupid for not noticing that. The script wasn't giving an error at all it was running through and not outputting anything. The problem was the the msgbox. Instead of giving me an error because I didn't include MsgBoxConstants.au3 it just seem to ignore it so the script just ran and did nothing. Normally it should say their is a variable not defined. Thanks for clarity and 2nd set of eyes. 

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

You could also do it like so:

$sOutput = ""

While ProcessExists($get)
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($get)
     WEnd

MsgBox(0, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)

The original example also kind of fails in logic, as the first msgbox is empty everytime because there is no data...yet, and then i click ok and the second has data in it because by that time $sOutput has been populated.

#include<MsgBoxConstants.au3>

While 1
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
     WEnd

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheDcoder
      See this thread for info:
    • By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      Trying to open windows explorer to a WebDav location and it's not working quite how I want, on the computers it is setup as a "network location" (as opposed to a "mapped drive", and this unfortunately can't be changed), the "Data" WebDav folder sits directly under "This PC" if that's an easier way to get to it. any suggestions as to what I can correct to get the 2nd example to work?
      ; This works, but I'm trying to avoid this as users normally see the URL style in the 2nd example below $folderToOpen = "\\mycompany.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ; This does not work, it tries to open the WebDav url in the default web browser $folderToOpen = "https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ShellExecute also opens it in the default browser.
      Saw _WinAPI_ShellOpenFolderAndSelectItems but couldn't get the 2nd example to work.
      If I manually open Windows Explorer and paste in https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data it loads the WebDav directory without issue.
      If I have to use the pathing from the first example it is fine, just trying to give users a familiar experience.
      Thanks!
    • By nooneclose
      Why can I not click on either of my input fields?
      #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= Global $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 730, 437, 192, 124) ;GUISetFont(14, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetBkColor(0xC0DCC0) Global $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Enter your Password. UserName is auto filled", 62, 40, 604, 41, $SS_CENTER) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 26, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") Global $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("User Name:", 120, 130, 604, 31, $SS_LEFT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 20, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") Global $Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password:", 135, 210, 604, 31, $SS_LEFT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 20, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") Global $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput(@UserName, 274, 130, 185, 32) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 800, 1, "MS Sans Serif") Global $Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Password", 274, 210, 185, 32, $ES_PASSWORD) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") Global $OK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 274, 270, 185, 57) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 20, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $OK Global $UserName = GUICtrlRead($Input1) Global $PassWord = GUICtrlRead($Input2) ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the GUI window GUIDelete()  
    • By cruisepandey
      Hi, 
      I have a string like this : 
      Global $Msga = "urrent directory is /send.  (Submission of file with log number 29381077284 is confirmed)";
      I want to extract the number 29381077284  from the string. I did StringSplit to split based on "(" and then use space to reach there, But it's not a good choice. 
      Can anyone help me with regular expression to find the number from String using AutoIT. TIA
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      is there any wey to check if any process run as admin or no?
      i mean e.g if i want to restart any process, now i have the ability to get the process path and commands line
      what i need is a wey to check if the process was runing as admin or no to restart it with the same state.
      here is the part that am using it to restart the process
      func _processRestart($i_pid, $s_ProcessPath) if not (ProcessExists($i_ProcessPid)) then return SetError(1, 0, -1) local $s_ProcessWorkDir = _WinAPI_GetProcessWorkingDirectory($i_ProcessPid) ProcessClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWaitClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWait(ShellExecute($i_pid,"", $s_ProcessWorkDir)) ProcessesGetList() return true endFunc thanks in advance