Wait until a program is fully loaded

Hello AutoIt forums, I'm trying to execute a keypress combination after a certain program is fully loaded, by which I mean that it isn't acting as frozen to any user inputs. But so far, I haven't been able to find a reliable solution to do this, not even WinWaitActive seemed to work properly on this one. I've tried to solve it by using the sleep function, but the program takes a longer time to start if it's being started for the first time, and I want the action to take place as soon as it is ready, without the need to imprecisely guess the time it takes to load.

I thought of getting the memory usage of it and comparing it to a value in a while loop, but this didn't work as my attempt to get the memory by $Mem = ProcessGetStats("name") has failed, and it would also get a bit more complicated. If there is any reliable way to check whether a window is responding or not, I'd be glad to know it

Have a look at _WinAPI_IsHungAppWindow

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

I've tried to use this, but it didn't work:

Do
   Sleep(500)
Until _WinAPI_IsHungAppWindow ("X3TC") == 0

If I understood correctly, the $hWnd argument should be the window name, but it looks like I'm wrong.

I cannot use the ControlGetHandle method, since it isn't a windows program but rather a game, which has no text input upon startup, I just have no idea how to properly use your method on that.

• Moderators

Hyperion,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

it isn't a windows program but rather a game

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game interaction - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area