Tooltip for generated checkboxes

Hi everyone :)

I have the following piece of code:

Func ManualActions()
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
    Global $ManualActionsGui = GUICreate("Automated Task List Suite", 460, 490, -1, -1)
    GUISetIcon ($Images & "\ManualActionsGUI.ico")
    GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF)
    GUICtrlCreatePic($Images & "\SAClogo.jpg", 110, 10, 240, 80)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("---MANUAL ACTIONS---", 173, 100, 300, -1)
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8.5, 700, 0)
    Local $ResetAll = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reset Everything", 10, 460, 97, 30)
    Local $SaveAndQuit = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Save and Quit", 355, 460, 97, 30)
    Local $Back = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Show  Results", 180, 460, 97, 30)
    Local $iX = 10, $iY = 120
    $aCheckboxes = _ReadINI()
    For $x = 0 To UBound($aCheckboxes) - 1
        Local $idCheckBox = _CreateCheckbox($aCheckboxes[$x][0], $iX, $iY)
        If _Crypt_HashData($aCheckboxes[$x][0] & "|" & $sINIFile & "|" & $GUI_CHECKED, $CALG_MD5) = $aCheckboxes[$x][1] Then
            GUICtrlSetState(-1, BitOR($GUI_CHECKED, $GUI_DISABLE))
        EndIf
        $aCheckboxes[$x][0] = $idCheckBox
        $iY += 20
    Next
    GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit", $ManualActionsGui)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($ResetAll, "_ResetAll")
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($SaveAndQuit, "_Exit")
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent ($Back, "_Back2Results")
    GUISetState()
    $iRunning = 1
    While $iRunning
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd
    GUIDelete($ManualActionsGui)
    FileDelete($sINIFile)
    ManualActions()
EndFunc

Func _Back2Results()
ShellExecute ($Results & "\Results.png")
EndFunc

Func _ResetAll()
    $iRunning = 0
EndFunc

Func _Checked()
    If GUICtrlRead(@GUI_CtrlId) = 1 Then GUICtrlSetState(@GUI_CtrlId, $GUI_DISABLE)
EndFunc  

Func _CreateCheckbox($sLabel, $iX, $iY)
    Local $idCheckBox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sLabel, $iX, $iY, -1, -1)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_Checked")
    Return $idCheckBox

EndFunc

Func _GenINIFile()
     Local $aCheckboxes[14] = ["Put a label with hostname on the computer?", "Check if AHCI is set in the BIOS?", "Add all applications in AD?", "Check the installed drivers?", "Customize all desktop icons?", _
            "Restore User's data?", "Run CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN once?", "Update Firefox and Google Chrome?", "Restore user's Bookmarks?", "Deploy CrashPlanPro, remove new licence and send a mail to the Service Desk?", _
            "Check if printers the User needs are present?", "Copy SAPlogin.ini from former Computer (if needed)?", "Encrypt the Disk with PGP?", "Update Remedy database?"]
    FileClose(FileOpen($sINIFile, 2))
        IniWrite($sINIFile, "Checkbox_Labels", $x, $aCheckboxes[$x])
        IniWrite($sINIFile, "Checkbox_States", $x, "")
    Next
EndFunc

*I have shorten the code by deleting some functions*

As you can see, I'm generating checkboxes in an array but I want to improve things by adding tooltips to some of them when the user will hoover a "help" label added at the end of concerned control. 
If this can help, I uploaded an image adding what I imagine this could be at the end.

I don't know how to handle that and I hope that some of you can give me a hand here :) and don't hesitate to ask if you need more ;)

Thanks!

04-06-2015 21-08-00.png

Edited by 31290

~~~ Doom Shall Never Die, Only The Players ~~~

There's not enough code there to give you a good answer, not to mention it isn't runable. I'd need to at least see what is in ReadIni for example, you could put the tooltip command somewhere like this.

$aCheckboxes[$x][0] = _CreateCheckbox($aCheckboxes[$x][0], $iX, $iY, )
        If _Crypt_HashData($aCheckboxes[$x][0] & "|" & $sINIFile & "|" & $GUI_CHECKED, $CALG_MD5) = $aCheckboxes[$x][1] Then
            GUICtrlSetState(-1, BitOR($GUI_CHECKED, $GUI_DISABLE))
        EndIf
        $iY += 20
        GUICtrlSetTip($aCheckboxes[$x][0], "Some text goes here")
    Next

But I don't know how you'd want to determine which checkboxes need tooltips and which don't, and where you'd get the text for the tooltip. But you can always use an If/Then statement to figure out if you want to apply a tooltip to a particular checkbox.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You could create a new section of the INI file that holds the tooltip string values you want to use, check to see if a tooltip string is defined and if it is create the tooltips where BrewMan suggested.  Of course if you want to use a label instead of applying the tooltip to the check box then you will create it there and apply the tooltip to it.

[Checkbox_Labels]
0=Checkbox #1
1=Checkbox #2
2=Checkbox #3
3=Checkbox #4
[Checkbox_States]
0=0x23360DF63FDDE053F89F1864102527EA
1=0x1F6967D2953411A647B876176E99BF4C
2=0x10256744BEA75A6381A2B24B1353728C
3=0xA168136AD9279E110FC818EB08D61A9B
[Checkbox_Tooltips]
0=
1=Tooltip Text for Checkbox #2
2=Tooltip Text for Checkbox #3
3=

Edited by spudw2k

There's not enough code there to give you a good answer, not to mention it isn't runable. I'd need to at least see what is in ReadIni for example,

My tool is enough complex to be run by someone external of my company. Indeed, it's checking for certain things after we image a computer. But, I can give you the full code if you need, no worries for me. 

But my case is solved thanks to both of you. Indeed, I added an new section in my .ini file and used the GUICtrlSetTip function (with some other changes in my arrays).

Thanks for pointing this to me and have a good day!

Edited by 31290

~~~ Doom Shall Never Die, Only The Players ~~~