how many au3 scripts can run at same time on a pc

well strangely i googled it out of curiosity and couldnt find the answer so decided to post a few ques not all related

1.how many au3 scripts can run at same time on a pc [[[[ i know more then one since i have used TCP servers n client scripts on same pc]]]]] 

case 1.1-- if all scripts are same 

xcase 1.2-- if all scripts are diferent

2.does the au3 compiler run multiple scripts like all at same time or one script running is pasued for a few milliseconds and then other is run or in sum othr way also in case two scripts are running at same time and they both are using clipboard for a task so will this create problem [[[ like incorrect data being sent ]]] for them or simply a error will occur saying they cant both use same function at a time

any chance for multi thread support in a way way way later future

well strangely i googled it out of curiosity and couldnt find the answer so decided to post a few ques not all related

1.how many au3 scripts can run at same time on a pc [[[[ i know more then one since i have used TCP servers n client scripts on same pc]]]]] 

case 1.1-- if all scripts are same 

xcase 1.2-- if all scripts are diferent

2.does the au3 compiler run multiple scripts like all at same time or one script running is pasued for a few milliseconds and then other is run or in sum othr way also in case two scripts are running at same time and they both are using clipboard for a task so will this create problem [[[ like incorrect data being sent ]]] for them or simply a error will occur saying they cant both use same function at a time

any chance for multi thread support in a way way way later future

​Answers:

1- as many as you want, there's only a limit of how much memory you have available, same answer for 1.1 and 1.2

2 - With a compiled script, there is no compiler running, it's just the script interpreter. There shouldn't be any collisions between your compiled scripts as far as what's accessing what other than if you're trying to write to the same file from more than one script at a time. They're independent of each other when you run them simultaneously.

3 - Never going to happen in AutoIt 3, no multi-threading.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

1. As many as your computers memory and processor can handle.

2. No idea what you mean there. The compiler will pack the script and runtime module into an Executable...that's all.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This reminds me of an AI experiment someone did several years ago. I can't go into details about the experiment but it involved multiple AU3 scripts running simultaneously. The experiment pushed the machine to the limit and ended in BSOD, so I recommend caution. The number of scripts you can run also depends on how greedy they are with CPU (as Jos just said).

Edited by czardas

ohk got it and well autoit seems rather stable by now n ppl can do most of stuff they want with already available functions n UDF so is there some big development goin on for some new functions or just some more dLL UDF and COM support 

what about event call backs like they have in node.js it is also single threaded but there event callbacks can giv atlst a boost for ppl waiting for multi thread 

can sumthing like dat be implemented in future versions of autoit

• Developers

Not sure what is up with the jivetalk in your post, but maybe you better first understand what is already possible before asking for functionality to be added.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

ohk got it and well autoit seems rather stable by now n ppl can do most of stuff they want with already available functions n UDF so is there some big development goin on for some new functions or just some more dLL UDF and COM support 

what about event call backs like they have in node.js it is also single threaded but there event callbacks can giv atlst a boost for ppl waiting for multi thread 

can sumthing like dat be implemented in future versions of autoit

​I - as a non native speaker - have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :huh:
Could you please be so kind and write in some kind of English people can understand? I do not have the time to rip out the Urban Dictionary for every second word ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

​I - as a non native speaker - have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :huh:
Could you please be so kind and write in some kind of English people can understand? I do not have the time to rip out the Urban Dictionary for every second word ;)

​sorry sorry texting habbit will take time going away 

well i meant autoitv3 seems to me has become pretty stable i dont know about technical aspects but with such a large UDF library & functions we can get most to anything done so i was wondering if some big developement for some more features to be added in v3 going on or just developement in field of dLL COM & UDF and bug removal only happening 

and since multi thread wont be a reality for this version of autoit what about implementing features that can provide an alternate to it though i know there already exists many but maybe can look towards the event callback function of node.js its also a single thread but two functions can be triggered at same time atleast though may not be that useful feature for many but atleast a small step in auV3 devlopement towards this field if not in this version but in next version it can implemented if even in that multi thread wont support

i was reading about node.js and read about it and thought it the event callback can be a nice implementation for times to avoid waiting for long calculations to yield results in scripts

and yup i just started learning autoit will try to learn more about how to do it in a way possible before posting feature requests

Edited by zreo15

Here you can read what never will happen.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Well, at least you included the period in node.js. Surprising, really, given the rest of that garbled mess. Did you never learn to formulate actual sentences? You know, capitals, periods? Commas even? It makes your writings so much easier to read.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

im not a native english speaker so it happens rarely that i have to write long sentences therefore all the period using habbits have vanished....

well i get it after reading the link multithreading is a huge deal and basic programers like myself wont able to do much even if that functionality was added and adding them is even bigger deal so better to forget about it ......but if you want to avoid these kind of questions make that wiki link about 'what will never happen' a STICKY please you never get a refrence to that link when you google multithreading in autoit 

and what about my other ques anyone knows if there is some huge or different feature coming for auV3 in near future or only dLL developement for now ( just curious ) 

and that event callback i guess it also requires major changes to implement so not possible but its concept of non blocking calls any possible way to implement it with the resources already available (( any thoughts on it people ))

Edited by zreo15

• Moderators

zreo15,

anyone knows if there is some huge or different feature coming for auV3 in near future

Only Jon knows what will happen - but please do not PM him to ask.  Take a look at the bug and feature request list to realise that he already has more then enough on his plate.

concept of non blocking calls any possible way to implement it with the resources already available

Look at Volatile in the Beta release - but note the big warning header.

M23 

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area