How to update AutoIt

Hi all,

I have installed AutoIt version 3.3.12.0 in my pc. Now i have downloaded version 3.3.13.20. So do i need to uninstall the old version first or just install the new version without uninstalling the old version ?. What is the best practice ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Developers

v3.3.13.20 is a Beta version which will install in a subdirectory of the latest production version 3.3.12.0.

These run fine side by side and from SciTE you can use Prod or Beta by using F5 (Prod) or Alt+F5 (Beta)

Jos

Edited by Jos
typooos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

3.3.13.20 is a beta version. You can install production version (3.3.12.0) and a beta version (3.3.13.20) side by side.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The ability to run and test the same code using the latest beta or the latest production release of Auto from the same instance of Scite4AutoIt is one of the great features of AutoIt / Scite

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Thank you all.. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

v4.4.13.20 is a Beta version which will install in a subdirectory of the latest production version 3.3.12.0.

These run fine side by side and from SciTE you can use Prod or Beta by using F5 (Prod) or Alt+F5 (Beta)

Jos

​@Jos, is that a typo or is there a version named v4.4.13.. ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

Sure this is a typo. Or did you hear of AutoIt Version 4 on the forum?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@water, In these days, my visits in this forum was very less than earlier. Anyway i didn't hear about v4 :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

An odd number in the 3rd place (here: 13) denotes a beta vesion. For a version 4 of AutoIt I would expect a low number of 1 or 3 :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

​@Jos, is that a typo or is there a version named v4.4.13.. ?

​yea ... guess it was getting toooo late for me.. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)