Aut2exe UPX error

bboysza

Hello,

I've recently updated to 3.1.1.84 (Including Scite to 1.66) and am now having trouble beta compiling my scripts. If I rollback to 3.1.1.56 , everything works fine. Just wondering if my error is unique or if anyone else is experiencing this same issue:

The Aut2Exe error:

Error: Unable to execute upx.exe to compress stub file.

Could this be an issue related to AutoItSC.bin?

If I run a release compile, it works - but then of course, none of my BETA features work. I've done complete fresh installs.

Thanks,

Ben

EDIT: Relase compile fails with the same error as well.

Edited by bboysza

Ben

Hello,

I've recently updated to 3.1.1.84 (Including Scite to 1.66) and am now having trouble beta compiling my scripts. If I rollback to 3.1.1.56 , everything works fine. Just wondering if my error is unique or if anyone else is experiencing this same issue:

The Aut2Exe error:

Error: Unable to execute upx.exe to compress stub file.

Could this be an issue related to AutoItSC.bin?

If I run a release compile, it works - but then of course, none of my BETA features work. I've done complete fresh installs.

Thanks,

Ben

EDIT: Relase compile fails with the same error as well.

Ah ha! This only happens now when I have my scripts stored on network drives. If I copy my scripts over to my local drive, no issues (at least I could compile). No, file security is not an issue. 3.1.1.56 works - and all previous versions have worked in this network-drive manor.

So, where or what is the issue exactly? B) Seems like UPX isn't being called correctly for some reason - maybe a path formatting problem. Perhaps it's being called with a path relative to the script. I.E., if the script is on K:, then ..\Program Files\Autoit\beta\blah blah.. Perhaps. :o

Edited by bboysza

Ben

• Developers

Ah ha! This only happens now when I have my scripts stored on network drives. If I copy my scripts over to my local drive, no issues (at least I could compile). No, file security is not an issue. 3.1.1.56 works - and all previous versions have worked in this network-drive manor.

So, where or what is the issue exactly? B) Seems like UPX isn't being called correctly for some reason - maybe a path formatting problem. Perhaps it's being called with a path relative to the script. I.E., if the script is on K:, then ..\Program Files\Autoit\beta\blah blah.. Perhaps. :o

Does a right-mouse-click/Compile work when done from Win Explorer ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)