Measuring Clicks/Key-presses

Hi there,

Not sure if this is possible as I haven't used AutoIT in years.

Is there anyway I can record my "clicks" (Left click and also a special "G1" click) and key presses with a timer?
Need to accurately measure how fast a key or mouse has been pushed as a benchmark.

Also, is there anyway that Autoit can grab and identify the keys pushed on 'special' mouse buttons?

Thanks.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Can you please tell us what you need this information for?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I've read and understood what you have written ;)
But I don't understand why you need to benchmark how fast you press keys and mouse buttons :huh:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Because I have Raynaud's and my fingers are slowly starting to seize up and to prevent it I’m setting myself goals. That's the benchmark.

I know what you're thinking, that I want to bot for games which is kind of impossible as the proof is in the attachment.

Edited by Scripthen
Privacy.

• Developers

@scripthen, relax a little please.

Your initial post is quite suspicious to say the least and you could have known that being here before. That statement also implies you created another account instead of reviving your old one I guess?

Either way, try to be clear and explicit on your intentions from the start and I am sure there will be somebody to assist.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks for the clarification!

If you want to do it on Linux I'm not sure AutoIt will help because it only runs on Windows. On Linux you would have to install Wine and - even if Autoit and your script run successfully - I'm not sure if the measured values are accurate because of the Wine overhead.

Aren't there any programs available on the web for fast typewriting? I did a quick search and found Typing Trainer and a few more.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Autoit runs fine on Wine with all the built-in functions. I've made something similar before by clicking a label but I couldn't get it to work with keys.

Jos, I can't log in to my old account and the email associated with it is Hotmail which keeps being locked out because of some servers in China trying to brute force it so I gave up and abandoned it.

I can type just fine, it's my right-hand that's going and I tend to use my mouse with the right-hand which is why I mention 'mouse' the most I also use my right hand for the number pad. I'll remove that image now to protect privacy, otherwise it's pointless being on Linux.