TheSaint

Right-click the ebook list, and a menu with many options on it should popup.

The RENAME option can be seen in the 5th screenshot (Right-Click Menu) in the second post in this topic (last option at bottom).

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Program updated to v4.8, see first post.

Added an extra column called 'Last' to display last (previous) price. Window now wider.
Right-click 'Selected Entry -> Edit the Title or Author name' process now uses the values stored in 'Html Read Replacements' to show any corrections (fixes) that can be saved.
Improvements to 'Html Read Replacements' process.

NOTES - Been a while between updates ... 6 months in fact, and still working well. Got sick of not having an immediate way to check last price, so finally added a column for that. Also got sick of seeing badly formatted title names with weird HTML based characters, so added a method to easily fix them via the rename (Edit) option. Discovered that the 'Html Read Replacements' were not as easy to set and remove as they should be, so reworked the code a little.

On a sadder note, ebook prices have been pretty static for me, at high prices, so I have been buying less. I guess that is reflected in the fact that ebook sales have gone down ... not surprising really, when you go by how much they want to steal you for ... cheaper to buy the paperback in many cases, and that is clearly what many are doing. Factor in the cost of an eReader and for many people, they just don't see a worthy benefit ... saving money talks, once the new toy craze is over.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 3 weeks later...

ADVICE

For those users that have Exchange Rate enabled in KindEbook Wishlist, the program is probably crashing, as it did for me.
I need to write some code to prevent the crash, but part of the reason, is that Google have changed the address for their Currency Converter page.

A quick fix for now, is to modify an entry in the Settings.ini file.

In the [Conversion] section, change -

link=http://www.google.com/finance/converter

To

link=https://finance.google.com/finance/converter

and all should then work fine.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Program updated to v4.9, see first post.

See previous post for information about the bug which has now been fixed.

Bugfix and improvements to 'Google Converter Address' for 'Exchange Rate'. This includes a new field on the 'Settings' window (near bottom left), and changes noted in newly extended 'Settings Information' dialog (i.e. label clicking). NOTE - This was due to recent changes in Google's Exchange Rate Converter address, which revealed a program bug. The Address has been updated in program defaults, and it is easier now to update on any future changes. The search column field has now been belatedly widened for the previous version change to main window width.

Spoiler

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.0, see first post.

See two previous posts for information about the bug which was fixed last version.

Accelerator Keys added for Bought, Favorite, Copy, Move, Image & Text, Edit Title/Author.
A right-click option 'Price -> Change' and Update window has been added.
NOTES - Accelerator Keys are listed on the right of right-click option title, but are as follows (Ctrl-B) (Ctrl-F) (Ctrl-C) (Ctrl-M) (Ctrl-I) (Ctrl-E).
If 'Ctrl' is held down when clicking the UPDATE button on the Price Change window, $0.00 is returned to all the input fields.

AZWPlug also updated, to v2.7, see first post.

Added a DEL (remove) button to results window, plus a 4th method to get ebook detail.

Spoiler

userbar.png

F.Y.I. :blink:

Finally found a use for the Dummy control, thanks to a comment by TheDcoder, when I explained my workable but not as good first Accelerator Keys attempt. I'd always wondered what Dummy controls could be useful for. Thanks bud. :D

Initially I'd just added some controls as right-click menu items for the Info button, which was quite workable, and so not a problem, but I like the dummy control idea better ... even if just because I finally found an excellent use for them. ;)

P.S. I'd needed to create extra controls, because existing ones were part of the dynamic right-click menu that is only created when you right click a list entry, and so not available otherwise.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

23 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Thanks bud. :D

You're welcome :D

Edited by TheDcoder
Grammer

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.1, see first post.

See the last two update posts for other recent information, and about the bug which was fixed two versions ago.

Bugfix for Mouse cursor. Improved how list items are loaded, added, relocated, removed & sorted etc.

NOTES - I finally had the time and motivation to investigate and play around with some visual based elements of KindEbook Wishlist. Chiefly, because of how things look and happen on my low powered Netbook, which is where I use the program.

The improved elements will probably not seem much on a fast PC, but on my Netbook it takes many seconds to load a list of ebooks (dependent on numbers on that list of course). When relocating an ebook to another user (i.e. bought one) or removing one, or even just changing user, I get the same sort of lengthy number of seconds for the list to be cleared, updated or loaded. Visually, I see every item being removed one by one and added one by one ... which kind of looks a bit b-grade ... especially at my slow Netbook speed. By comparison, on my Laptop, where I do most of my coding, these things are almost instant.

So anyway, I thought it might be better to somehow freeze the view until all loading etc has finished.

Listviews have a couple of commands (BeginUpdate/EndUpdate) to do something like that, but they alone are not enough. Inexplicably, even though I used them and also commands to disable then enable redrawing of the GUI, and even though I have columns set to specific widths, the columns kept resizing themselves as ebooks were invisibly added to the list. So while you could not see the results of the full list until the end, you got to see the columns adjusting, even to the point of the last one disappearing. Which decidedly just looked b-grade. EDIT - This at least, is how it looked on my Win XP Laptop, where you still see the columns and column header labels. When I finally got to test things on the Win 7 Netbook, I discovered they were blank and the columns were not shown at all during the process.

During research for a method to overcome that annoying element, I found that using GUICtrlSetData instead of GUICtrlCreateListViewItem, stops the column width from changing. However, I found GUICtrlSetData can only add to an existing control ID. So I solved that by changing the following.

Original ADD to Listview.

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($num & "|" & $title & "|" & $ISBN & "|" & $author & "|" & $start & "|" & $low & "|" & $high & "|" & $last & "|" & $current, $Listview_ebooks)

Changed to.

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("||||||||", $Listview_ebooks)
GUICtrlSetData($lowid + $s, $num & "|" & $title & "|" & $ISBN & "|" & $author & "|" & $start & "|" & $low & "|" & $high & "|" & $last & "|" & $current)

Using that, essentially meant I could have things the way I wanted, visually.
So GUICtrlCreateListViewItem creates a control ID, that GUICtrlSetData then populates.

By the way, $lowid is the control ID of the last control created before any items get added to the Listview. $s is part of a For ... Next loop for each item going on that Listview. When you remove an item or change user, you need to destroy all the control IDs assigned to the Listview and repopulate the Listview with new ones ... though they are essentially numbered the same as those that were destroyed ... starting from $lowid + 1 (+2 etc).

$lowid must always remain the last created GUI control, else you run into problems with control IDs created for the Listview.

GUI control IDs (numbers) are assigned incrementally as controls get created, so assigning $lowid is as simple as the following.

$Button_x = GuiCtrlCreateButton("EXIT", 796, 465, 49, 50, $BS_ICON)
$lowid = $Button_x

$Button_x is the very last GUI control to be created. Listview entry IDs start incrementally after that ID number. So if the ID for $Button_x is 55, then the first Listview entry will have an ID of 56, second will be 57 and so on. NOTE - The Listview itself, has it's own control ID ($Listview_ebooks), which never changes ... and it gets created before $Button_x ... though it could have been made last instead. Generally though, when I create controls on a GUI, they happen top to bottom and left to right.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

By the way, I forgot to change a new testing section back to its preferred default state (before I compiled, zipped and uploaded) ... but I did however, also add code for just that situation.
So long as no user has a sub-folder inside the KindEbook folder, called Netbook, they won't be impacted ... a highly unlikely scenario.
I just added a bit of code at the start of my script, for accessing alternate settings and data files, so that I can test my Netbook stuff on my Laptop, without moving things.

$pcsets = "Netbook"
If $pcsets = "Laptop" Then
    $scriptdir = @ScriptDir
ElseIf $pcsets = "Netbook" Then
    $scriptdir = @ScriptDir & "\Netbook"
    If FileExists($scriptdir) <> 1 Then
        $pcsets = "Laptop"
        $scriptdir = @ScriptDir
    EndIf
EndIf
$inifle = $scriptdir & "\Settings.ini"
$backups = $scriptdir & "\Backups"
$catfle = $scriptdir & "\Catalog.ini"
$comfle = $scriptdir & "\Comments.ini"
etc

Pretty basic and something I should have thought to add in ages ago.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.2, see first post.

See the last 3 update posts for other recent information, and about the bug which was fixed 3 versions ago.

Have now made the improvements for last version, optional via a 'Settings' window option.

NOTES - Had a rethink about some of the recent changes, and decided that others might prefer the original loading view etc, so have made that optional now, with the new version off by default. Last entry, at bottom right of 'Settings' window (Slicker visuals for low powered PC) can be enabled to turn it on. It is interesting to note though, that on my low powered Netbook, I gain a significant sorting/loading/etc speed having the setting on. In any case, users can now easily do a comparison test.

The other thing I changed, was the item I commented about last post. I was only mentioning it for interest sake etc, as it is just an option to use during testing, which I imagine is just by me. In any case, I have now implemented a smarter variant, that is the following.

$inifle = @ScriptDir & "\Settings.ini"
$pcsets = IniRead($inifle, "Settings Mode", "pc", "")
If $pcsets = "" Then
    $pcsets = "Laptop"
    IniWrite($inifle, "Settings Mode", "pc", $pcsets)
    $scriptdir = @ScriptDir
Else
    If $pcsets = "Laptop" Then
        $scriptdir = @ScriptDir
    ElseIf $pcsets = "Netbook" Then
        $scriptdir = @ScriptDir & "\Netbook"
        If FileExists($scriptdir) = 1 Then
            $inifle = $scriptdir & "\Settings.ini"
        Else
            $pcsets = "Laptop"
            $scriptdir = @ScriptDir
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndIf
$backups = $scriptdir & "\Backups"
$catfle = $scriptdir & "\Catalog.ini"
etc

And so rather than have to remember to revert an entry in my script before compiling, I just now modify things at need in the 'Settings.ini' file. Quite why I didn't do that in the first place (as that is my usual practice), I really don't know ... put it down to a dumb moment, where I thought I was being clever. :wacko:

P.S. I guess you won that bet TheDcoder, and I did do some coding again, before a week had passed ... your prize is in the mail ... not! :P

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

P.S. I guess you won that bet TheDcoder, and I did do some coding again, before a week had passed ... your prize is in the mail ... not! :P

Told ya :P

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Gawd, 4 updates in almost as many days. This last one primarily a bugfix, but some bonus stuff thrown in.

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.3, see first post.

Bugfix for 'Move To Another User' and 'Relocate All Bought Ebooks', when using right-click menu options with the new 'Slicker visuals for low powered PC' option enabled. The bug meant you ended up with a blank list (requiring a sort or load to fix). Added three more Accelerator Keys - Selected Entry (text) Detail (Ctrl-T), Set a SWEET price (Ctrl-S), Set a Warning (Ctrl-W).

NOTE - The bug was related to how the right-click context menu is created and destroyed, and because I have now developed the habit of using MOVE via the new Accelerator key, instead of menu entry, I did not pick up on the issue (no context menu involved) ... and I somehow did not pick up any issue when I tried 'Relocate All Bought Ebooks'.

P.S. And so TheDcoder is right again, I did some coding before a week was up ... except I plead for lenience due to unforeseen bug. At least I made it through one day this time ... so he was wrong about that. :P

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you interested in this program or just interested in ebooks in general, might like to read and/or participate in a topic of mine in Chat.

The following link actually leads there to a description of a small bug I have found with the program, that may or may not eventually get fixed by me ... Amazon being in my bad books (sic) right now.

NOTE - You need to have made X amount of posts etc to access the Chat section here.

Spoiler

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.4, see first post.

Bugfix for '/gp/' and/or '/product/' in ebook URL. Holding down CTRL when the program starts will prevent the last user list from loading (if you are quick enough). Minor improvements to COPY and MOVE options. Accelerator Keys for COPY and MOVE now changed to (Shift-C) and (Shift-M) from (Ctrl-C) and (Ctrl-M) respectively, to avoid possibility of hotkey conflicts. Accelerator Keys added for Shared Comments (Shift-S) and Private Comments (Shift-P).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AZWPlug also updated, to v2.8, see first post.

Database list can now be set not to display when starting that window, plus a LOAD button added to load that list when desired. CTRL used with the open Kindle Content folder button, will now close the program. If CTRL used when selecting the MODE on the Results window, it will just save the setting without making changes to existing results. Option added for slicker loading of list, plus alternate list lines are now pale pink. Two find options added for the Author and Title, with FIND jumping to each entry found and SHOW just displaying all found.
NOTE - With LOAD deselected, the list will only show the added ebook title (if any).

Latest screenshot.

AZWPlug_display.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v1.4 added to the suite, see first post.

Another bonus complimentary program added to the mix, that has a dropbox for adding an ebook and all associated ebook formats to calibre, using the OPF metadata file. NOTE - This has only been tested with calibre v2.x.x, not the newer v3.x.x.

Here's some screenshots of it, followed by instructions/explanation.

Main GUI.PNG   Find GUI.PNG

A small floating dropbox that stays on top of other windows, plus the FIND window (to use after) for added titles via cycling through recorded author names, using NEXT and BACK.

The FIND window utilizes the CTRL+F hotkey in calibre.

So essentially.
1. You run the program (dropbox).
2. If calibre is running you get prompted to close it. You can leave it running, but to see results afterward, you will need to restart calibre or toggle (switch) databases. The program can close calibre for you or you can do it manually.
3. You setup a few things when you first run the dropbox, but they might be auto-detected for you (calibre path, calibre library path, etc).
4. You drag and drop an OPF file onto the drop field, and the related ebook gets checked for, and then added if it doesn't already exist. All existing ebook formats for that title that share the same parent folder as the OPF file also get added.
5. Add any other ebook titles the same way, one by one.
6. When finished (all have been added), and with the 'Run calibre on exit' option enabled, you close the dropbox.
7. Calibre will be executed or restored if still running. If still running, you now need to toggle databases before continuing.
8. The dropbox FIND window will be displayed, and show the author name of the last ebook title you added via drag & drop.
9. Clicking the FIND button will send the author name to the calibre find field, and all books by that author should be isolated in the find results window.
10. Check (etc) the result of what you added.
11. If more than one ebook title was added (by a different author) click the NEXT button on the dropbox FIND window to recall the next author name. You are basically cycling through the author names in the reverse order of how they were added to calibre.
12. Click FIND again.
13. Repeat for all those authors you added by drag & drop.

Very quick simple and efficient. :D

Enjoy!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.5, see first post.

Improved the Copy/Move input box dimensions, to more easily accommodate long titles. Mode for troubleshooting (me only) has been improved, to avoid me losing my sanity again (I'd forgotten it even existed). Replaced the (last version update) new CTRL option at program start, with a 5 second dialog prompt instead.

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre updated to v1.5, see first post.

Added new features to the FIND window - Position on screen (left, right, center), VIEW button & a Restore option.

See Instructions & Screenshots at Post #96

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v5.8, see first post.

(v5.6)
Added a 'Both' option to the Search category dropdown, though it only works for selection display, plus copy to clipboard with the new clipboard button. Star button relocated to left of selection display (input) field, with the new clipboard button taking its prior location at right. NOTE - This now provides a quick easy way to copy Author &/or Title text for the selected entry, to the clipboard.

(v5.7)
Added a 'Simple' option to the Search category dropdown, which just finds the specified text in the chosen column (Title or Author), and selects that row. Search starts at the selected entry and will wrap around at need. The Clipboard button, can now be set in the program settings (or used with CTRL), to minimize the program window when clicked.

(v5.8)
Moved the right-click 'Save the Ebook list to file' option to a sub-menu entry, and added a 'Save to List for Excel' option there to, which is mostly just for my specific personal use, but others might find it useful (includes SHIFT+X accelerator key usage). NOTES - This new feature assists me, when I want to add new entries to my Booklist.xls file (in batch mode). It just helps to quickly create the basic entries, which I then flesh out later at my leisure, and helps avoid a lot of repetitive clicking. Used in conjunction with my related Excel macros.

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre updated to v1.7, see first post.

(v1.6)
VIEW button can now view a saved specified format.

(v1.7)
A bugfix for duplicate title issue - I had not realized that a failure due to a duplicate was based solely on a Title match (not also Author). All duplicates are now added unless an ID match occurs.

See Instructions & Screenshots at Post #96

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

KindEbook Wishlist and the other programs in this topic, are now being updated at a new topic - KindEbook Suite

Spoiler

userbar.png