AutoIt causing ODBC login errors?

Hello all! I've been scouring the interwebs for a whiff of anybody else who's had this problem and come up empty. Here's the deal: I wrote a simple little script that I've used for months now quite successfully, but I'm also experiencing an error where the ODBC login window will pop up, garbage text will automatically dump into the username, password, and sometimes the source fields, and then it will automatically try to log in and cause it to fail. It's intermittent, and I have no idea what's causing it. It happens in databases that I've never automated, but it does exactly what the script I wrote should do except that it's garbage text being entered. I've attached the script I mentioned. I'd appreciate anything anybody can suggest or recommend. Thanks!

Send ( "{LWin}" )
Sleep ( 2000 )
Send ("Drive:\Folder\Database.accdb /x Macro")
Send ( "{ENTER}" )
WinWaitActive ( "Oracle ODBC Driver Connect" )
Send ( "Username" )
Send ( "{TAB}" )
Send ( "Password" )
ControlClick ( "Oracle ODBC Driver Connect", "OK", 1 )

• Moderators

Can you explain more about what you're trying to do? Are you trying to configure a DSN? If so, you can do this without manual manipulation of the GUI. Or do you have the DSN set up and are trying to log into an application/db front end?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Sure! For work I have to run a data process daily that is a 3-4 hour runtime and essential for the next day's work. We're a small team and don't have a night shift or money to hire one, so I've used AutoIt to manage the program and run it by itself at the end of the work day. AutoIt is logging into a program that allows access to external tables that are linked to the databases we're using. Most of the time it works just fine. Sometimes though, the login window fills up with garbage text, fires off and fails. What I'm trying to figure out is if this weird error is some corrupted AutoIt script running in the background somewhere, or completely unrelated to AutoIt.

• Moderators

Have you tried the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt)? If you can accurately get the Control IDs from the login window, you may be able to use the control commands to interact with the window. It may not be the end-all resolution to your issue, but would be a start, as it is more reliable than Send.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!