Autoit Info (cannot detect window name) so that i can use controlclick and winwaitactive command

Hi,

im a newbie on autoit, i tried using autoit on a certain exe, i run the exe, and a new window pop up, the only problem is when i used autoit window info it doesn't have a window name.

what i wanted to know is how to find a way to identify the window so that i can use it on a code (ControlCLick and Winwaitactive) but still i don't know how to properly use that kind of command can you help me pls?..

Here the window info below.

Title:

Class:#32770

Basic Control Info

Class: Internet Explorer_Server

Instance: 1

------------------

WINDOW

Title

Class:  #32770

Position: 779, 184

Size: 656, 448

Style: 0x94C2004D

ExStyle: 0x00010100

Handle: 0x000803c0

------------------------------

CONTROL

Class: Internet Explorer_Server

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN Internet Explorer_Server1

Name

Advanced Mode: [CLASS: Internet Explorer_Server

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

To automate Internet Explorer I suggest you have a look at the IE UDF that comes with AutoIt.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As far as I know there is no tutorial available on how to use the IE UDF.
Best thing is to have a look at the examples in the AutoIt help file for the IE* functions.
Start with _IECreate. All other functions you'll need then depend on what you want to do with the web site.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Looks to me like the explorer you are trying to automate is embedded in another application.

Actually, its a downloader..  when the exe has been execute, it will automatically download a file from its server.. all i wanted to automate is  "next" 1 c;ocl next. (EULA). so i tried studying autoit automation tutorials..

Edited by Kingceltik

As far as I know there is no tutorial available on how to use the IE UDF.
Best thing is to have a look at the examples in the AutoIt help file for the IE* functions.
Start with _IECreate. All other functions you'll need then depend on what you want to do with the web site.

Noted!. thank you.. gonna take a look at it

There are numerous way of getting a handle to the window, including finding child windows of the window that owns it and identifying controls on it and such.

Seems like a bit of effort just for a window handle so I'd wait to see if someone has a simple solution.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.