Access to locked RAR

Hello !

I try to access to locked RAR file (I have its password). I want script which will access to it and look at its pictures inside (on  background). And then it will poput  msgbox with For example "There are some files."

Thnx !

Fine! Then just do it ;)
Or do you have a question?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Take this, Its a gift from me. Hope you many know how to use it, TD ;)

You need to provide us some code if you want us to help you... As for the gift, its UnRAR commandline utility, use it to extract archive from rar archive ;)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Take this, Its a gift from me. Hope you many know how to use it, TD ;)

You did write this commandline utility?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ah ... now I know what I want for Xmas: A link :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As I understand it lock "prevents any further archive modifications by WinRAR.".
So you could extract all images to a temporary directory and then process them as you like.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I understand but.... I need something for example this thing to save my images to which users cant go. My ImageSearch function takes pictures from folder(so everyone can see how do they look like) so I need something which will lock access for other people to it(only script will have permissions to access). Or something like that.

PS: Sorry for my english ;) 

If you follow water's advice to extract your images to a temporary folder, there is something which you need to remember: You can extract files from .rar but NOT add files to a .rar

Just my 2 cents, TD :)

P.S I know that this is water's style! But I wanted to do it!

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Sorry TD but this information is completely useless. He didn't ask how to add files to a rar.
I think it is best to carefully read the OPs questions and only answer those he has asked ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I understand but.... I need something for example this thing to save my images to which users cant go. My ImageSearch function takes pictures from folder(so everyone can see how do they look like) so I need something which will lock access for other people to it(only script will have permissions to access). Or something like that.

PS: Sorry for my english ;) 

then you need to create a script which contains the password of the locked RaR, you need to set user and pass to your script that connects to the locked RaR.

and it is beyond my lvl of coding skill... so i can only suggest for now...:P

Edited by 232showtime

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.