random deployment issue

Hi, So i have the script below and if i run it on a local machine with elevated rights it works fine, i deploy these scripts via LANDesk which installs the software as the local system account, The below script however seems to run, but doesnt execute anything, i can tell it executes as the EXE for the script is sitting in task manager not doing anything.

I thought maybe UNC was causing an issue however i have the same problem on an XP machine. Anyone got any ideas?

Run ("Install3MDrivers.exe")
Send ("{enter}")
winwaitactive ("3M USB Reader Driver Installation")
Send ("{enter}")
winwaitactive ("Device Driver Installation Wizard")
Send ("!n")
Winwaitactive ("Device Driver Installation Wizard", "Completing the Device Driver Installation Wizard")
Send ("{enter}")

Doesn't the installer provide command line switches for a silent install?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

different solution - use a virtual PC to get a "before snapshot" of the system state and a snapshot of the system state after you do the install. Find every difference and make a package with all the differences. You could make your own package then to run as you like and no clicking on buttons to install.

• Moderators

For Bert's approach, I would suggest the following:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

In years past I would have also suggested Wix, but it looks as though this product is finally dying.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!