Reaching out to Melba32

First of all, I just want to say that GUIListViewEx was a miracle when I found that UDF. It works perfectly in every way that I want it to. But I hope maybe you can help me with my script because I'm not sure what is causing the behavior it is exhibiting. I have included the UDF version of GUIListViewEx that I am using and my script. When you open the script you should be able to deduce that it is (or will be) a playlist editor for Media Player Classic. In the ListView you'll see that the first three columns contain the start time of a video file, the duration of the video in minutes and of course the title. Essentially, you just add media files with the Add button which is then added to the play list. As the list begin to build up you can also move selected files up or down per the side buttons or by drag and drop - all thanks to your wonderful UDF. As you may guess, the start times of each file are based on the start time of the previous file + the duration of minutes. So, if your initial start time is 12:00 PM and your first file is 90 minutes long, then the next file has a start time of 1:30 PM. Each time you add, delete or move a file up or down in the list, I have it updating (re-calculating) the start times for the refreshed play list. HOWEVER......

When I use the mouse to drag a file, in the list, to another position, when it drops, instead of updating the start times correctly, it sets them all to 12:00 (the initial start time). I am completely at a loss for why it does this. I know my scripting skills leave a lot to be desired and rest assured this is a VERY early version of this script. I am attempting this 1.) To set up and transport movies from my PC to projector setup in my back yard for outdoor movie nights. And 2.) Just to see if I can pull it off. That's always been the fun of AutoIt for me, to see if I can actually accomplish an idea no matter how crazy it sounds. As I say, I'm not sure what is causing this behavior; if it is something in the UDF itself or just my crappy programming skills so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GUIListViewEx.au3

MPCSE.au3

Hi Rix68,

Why did you not reach out directly to Melba23 in the last page of that topic?

You would have been better to do that and await his response.

I get the impression he may be away at the moment, possibly on holiday or just busy,

Your post here, might scroll out of sight and be missed by him when he returns.

He may also be monitoring that topic and receiving notifications.

P.S. Other users that visit that topic, may also be able to help you.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Summer (northern hemisphere) = holiday time.  He has deserved the break - probably somewhere on the beach...

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

here in America this is 4th of July weekend. He won't hear me over the fireworks

....Hah, way to unintentionally rub it in his fish and chips!  Necro-ing wins from 250 years ago is kind of dickish.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

Rix68,

Who is this "Melba32" - anyone I know?

And I was indeed in the Americas over the weekend - but a bit further south than the ex-colonies and their celebration of the overthrow of their then legal government. Nowadays doing that could get you invaded by the very same people! But enough of these pleasantries....

The problem arises because there is nothing in your code (nor in the UDF) to let you know when a drag/drop event has occurred - so the _UpdateTimes function is never called when it does and the ListView is rewritten using the base time only. I have added a new function to the attached Beta version of the library so that such events can be detected - all you need to do is add something like this into your idle loop:

$sDrag = _GUIListViewEx_DragEvent() ; Only returns a value if a drag/drop event has occurred
If $sDrag Then
    _UpdateTimes()
EndIf

Now when a drag event is detected the function is called and the times are correctly updated (at least when I run my tests).

Here is the Beta you need to use:  

Please let me know if it works for you.

M23

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

M23,

I am soooo sorry, mate. No offense intended at all. (And I think I'm getting lexdysic in my old age :P) This does indeed work for me and a million thank you's in your direction for your help. And a thousand apologies to any brits I offended.

booo dont apologize, If we can provoke Melba to make one last strafing run to resume the collection of taxes, therein lies the power of the forum.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

Rix68,

No offense taken at all - I just replied in what I thought was a jocular vein. Glad the modded UDF works - I will release a new version soon.

boththose,

Alas, no guns on my current steed - nor the range to get where I would need to fire them!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area