Please add a Hot String fuction in AutoIt

kcvinu

Hi all,

I know there is a udf named HotStringSet. But it is only usefull when we use English as our keyboard language. For example, My native language is Malayalam. For typing Malayalam, i am using an input method editor in my pc. That editor uses SetWindowsHookEx function and somthing like that. So when i turn on that input method editor, i can't use this HotStringSet function. Because it won't recognize keypresses. But if i turn off that input method editor, i can easily use HotStringSet function. Last day, i just test "AutoHotkey" for this purpose. Amazingly, it is working with my native language. There is no problem in AutoHotKey with my input method editor. So i am requesting the MVPs of autoit to make a HotString function similar to one in AutoHotKey. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

1. Wrong place to make such requests
  2. That UDF is only handy for a small percentage of users (and yes, I know not all the UDFs are catered for the majority e.g. Visa UDF, but then now is our chance to learn from past mistakes)
  3. Mentioning AHK isn't going to do you any favours with some MVPs/Mods/Devs
  4. AHK doesn't have a UDF library, so they have to add everything as "natively" for its users

Thanks for your request, but I will have to decline it this time around.

Edit: I will get a cup of tea now, as I can see some users getting angry with me!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

After getting the ban of 2 days( for posting in dev chat forum), i prefer general forum. I don't want to be banned again. Why i mentioned AHK because, i need to state the functionality. I am searching for how to use "SetWindowsHookEx" function for this kind of keyboard related activity. Once i learned that, i can make a UDF for that. But i dont have enough time for that. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

I am sure the ban was justified as the content was probably against the Forum rules NOT where you posted. But now I am confused. Why not use the UDF mentioned instead of creating your own? Also if you don't have time, then probably best to stop what you're doing, instead of relying on other people to do your work for you.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Moderators

kcvinu,

You were banned because you kept posting in Dev Chat even though you had been told not to do so:

So I am now moving this to the correct place.

Turning to your request - a few questions:

- Exactly how does this AHK function differ from the AutoIt UDF (you do not expect us to do all the detective work, do you)?
- Is this "input method editor" something you wrote or an external app? If an external app, why not approach its author to see if they can help?
- Have you thought of posting in the UDF thread to see if its author can help?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@guinness I am not relying any one. I just requested it once only. It's just a try. If it doesn't give any positive replys, then i will start learning when i get enough time. I told you in my post, that "HotStringSet" UDF is not working with my native language. And i have banned because of posting in wrong forum, not for wrong content.  And you told me you are declining my request in your first reply. I understood that and everything is ok. But why you telling me to stop then ?. I never asked help again from you. 

Edited by kcvinu
spelling
Spoiler

My Contributions

I was just saying if you don't have time with your coding project, then best to focus your priorities elsewhere. If you don't need my help again then that's great =)

UDF List:

@Melba23 ,

AHK function works perfect with any keyboard language, or any eny input method editor is turned on.

I think it is recognizing keys by hex value, not by letter value.

Input method editor is a third party program. Its free. But it's author didn't get time to communicate us. 

I have posted two comments on Manadar's post regarding this issue.(In 2015 march)  He never answered me. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

@Manadar is busy I guess

UDF List:

It's an open issue on the projects bug tracker: https://github.com/jvanegmond/hotstrings/issues/1 that I would very much like to fix/ have fixed. It's a tough problem to crack and I had always had the intention of checking the AHK source to figure out their method, though I have to check the source code's license first.

Apologies for not being able to answer.

Edited by Manadar

By the way, I was personally also very disappointed with AutoIt not having the functionality when AHK had it for years. In fact, that was the primary motivation behind the project. I think this is very important functionality and so I understand where you are coming from.

Edited by Manadar

Let me wait for his reply.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Oh, i got your reply, but i don't get your point @Manadar 

Hi @Manadar , I have tested it. I just copied text from console and paste it as parameter and run again. It worked. But In this manner, i need to convert my hot string to english.

@Manadar Yes you are right. It is very important functionality for a language like AutoIt. Thank you for your brilliant contribution. 

@Manadar ,  I typed "mad". But console printed "MC{Right}ADL{Right}". Is this strange ?. I have copied this function and it worked. But i don't want to copy all my hot strings like this. I need to find an easy way for this.

Edited by Melba23
Merged multiple posts
Spoiler

My Contributions

• Moderators

@kcvinu, rather than 6 one-sentence posts in 18 minutes, perhaps you could make use of the handy-dandy Edit feature?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13  Infact, i never thought about that feature except when a typo or grammar mistake found by myself.  Now, melba23 showed me the correct method. I will try to follow this rule. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

@Manadar ,  I typed "mad". But console printed "MC{Right}ADL{Right}". Is this strange ?. I have copied this function and it worked. But i don't want to copy all my hot strings like this. I need to find an easy way for this.

Yes, we absolutely still need to fix the issue. This workaround works but it's absolutely terrible in terms of ease of development.