Var and some Other Questions

Hi ^^,

Just a little list of question:

1. How to make an Var which defines everything like ' * ' Var of Windows

- 1. A simple " * " string should be sufficient.

by Melba23 Thanks^-^

2. How to add The Var(1.) within the a ComboBox or In the Menu

- 2. Add a combo/menu item "All files" and then use the wildcard when coding the action. Be aware that not all AutoIt commands honour wildcard parameters.

by Melba23 Thanks^-^

3. How to load simply an *.au3 File wich adding a GUI and to the Main GUI a Button

4. Using XML Files instead of 3. (I know the XMLDom or how it was named but Include file isn't anymore on my side avaible)

5. Progressbar which is attached to Loading the File of 3./4.

Thanks to everyone who helps :3

Edited by RaiNote
Quotes :3
  • C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~

• Moderators

RaiNote,

Your questions are extremely vague, but here are my best guesses:

- 1. A simple " * " string should be sufficient.

- 2. Add a combo/menu item "All files" and then use the wildcard when coding the action. Be aware that not all AutoIt commands honour wildcard parameters.

- 3. Not at all clear what you mean, but how about this:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Global $hGUI_Child, $cClose = 9999

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, 100, 100)

$mFileMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File")
$mOpenItem = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Open", $mFileMenu)
$mExitItem = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $mFileMenu)

GUISetState()

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $mExitItem

Exit
        Case $mOpenItem

$sfile = FileOpenDialog("Open file", @ScriptDir, "AutoIt files (*.au3)") ; Here is the wildcard parameter
            If $sFile Then
                $hGUI_Child = GUICreate(StringRegExpReplace($sFile, "^.*\\", ""), 500, 500, 200, 200, Default, Default, $hGUI)
                $cEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit(FileRead($sFile), 10, 10, 480, 480)
                GUISetState()
                GUISwitch($hGUI)
                $cClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close File", 10, 10, 120, 30)
            EndIf

Case $cClose

GUIDelete($hGUI_Child)
            GUICtrlDelete($cClose)
            $cClose = 9999
    EndSwitch

WEnd

- 4. No point in answering until we clarify what you mean in 3.

- 5. There are many loading progress examples on the forum - search a bit.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

At 3. I mean That the code will be used not that it'll be showed and after it has been succesfully loaded that it creates a new Button on MAIN GUI but it's self creates a GUI in case the button has been clicked

• Rules~

Btw with your answer of 1. you mean like String(*) or String('*') °-°

I can't handle well with Strings ^-^

• Rules~

• Moderators

RaiNote,

At 3. I mean That the code will be used not that it'll be showed and after it has been succesfully loaded that it creates a new Button on MAIN GUI but it's self creates a GUI in case the button has been clicked

Do you mean you want the main script to open another script that will run and create a button in the GUI of the calling script which will then create a second GUI if pressed? If so, then I strongly recommend that you do not go down that route and keep everything in the same script. Perhaps if you explained the purpose of all this we might be able to offer some suggestions as to how you might code it in a more reasonable manner.

If you "can't handle well with Strings" I suggest you learn fast or else you are going to become very frustrated very quickly. A literal string is surrounded by single or double quotes, so I mean exactly '*' - neither of your suggestions are valid (although the second will actually work).

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I thought that wouldn't work already but With the GUI what u are thinking is right because i want to make it like a Plugin loader Function

• Rules~

• Moderators

RaiNote,

Good luck with that - I am not prepared to get involved as I know I will end up doing all the work.

M23

Spoiler

May not ^^ but i think i have found a resolution for my problem ^-^. Thanks for everything

• Rules~

Which is?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Which is?

Wchis is what? Mean the resolution?

The ISN Studio has an udf for this and i am made it useable with my Script °-°

• Rules~

Yes, I meant the resolution to your problem so others may learn. Thanks.

Edited by guinness
Typo

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Oh sorry^^. It also got named Pluginsystem.au3 but may you would have to change a bit to make it work for your Script at all.

• Rules~