Epub/Ebook management

Kanashius

One year ago, I created an Epub/Ebook manager. Its good for short loadingtime and Detailed Information about the Books. With the manager it comes an full-reader with readout-function (TTS), using installed voices.

This Program is used to Manage e-books/epubs. You can import directorys. A lot of information is read from the epub and saved in a database.
Most important is the speed of loading books, because the management should be used for lots of epubs.
All chargings are displayed. There is also an Sql-Console, if you want to edit a lot of entry, otherwise you can do a rightclick and edit every Element in another window.
Also there is a Epub-Reader to read the epubs just with a doubleclick at any entry.

Information saved in the database (if they can be read in the epub):
identifier, author, description, title, genre, creationdate, path, speach

Information about Epub-Reader:
The Epub-Reader opens Epubs and they can be read chapter by chapter.
At the left side there is a Listbox, where you can select the chapters
There is also a read out function, reading your epub. (You can change Voice and Audiooutput, but you need to have installed a TTS-Speach).

Also you can edit the font-size.

I translated the Programm in english to post it here. If you like it, please leave me a comment, also if you have any suggestions to make it better or if you found bugs.

I have rewritten the complete Project in C++ (QT). The speed was improved >10x.
There are also some other improvements. You can find it at my webside.

For more information and direct executables, please visit my website: http://kanashius.de/?page=autoitBuchverwaltung

Because i get Error -200 uploading the files, you need to visit my side to download. Maybe anyone of you have a suggestion to Upload it here.

EpubBiblio1.png

EpubBiblio2.png

Edited by Kanashius

Hi Kanashius - You seem to be interested in some things I am, Game Interaction aside.

Many people here, quite understandably, are wary of visiting sites of members they don't know, who haven't been around long. So posting a screenshot or two here would be very helpful.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Just repeating myself in case you read this topic first, but the same suggestion applies here also.

If you are trying to upload executables, I'm pretty sure you need to zip them first, but you may have gone over your file storage limit for all I know.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Its a 1.40 MB Zip-File. Normally it should upload. The sourcecode can be downloaded at my side, too. I guarante, thats there is no bad-software at my side. Also its hosted by bplaced -> i would loose the side, when i would upload there something like that. I just joined this community now. In the german community im better known ;)

• 9 months later...

I know this was posted some 10 months ago, but I've only had my attention drawn back to this topic again today.

I couldn't help but notice the following, which is odd for a couple of reasons.

I have rewritten the complete Project in C++ (QT). The speed was improved >10x.

Does that mean that you posted a non-AutoIt created project at an AutoIt forum, in the AutoIt Examples section?

In a round-about way, you are also saying something like AutoIt is crap, so a bit odd to post that here don't you think?

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Moderators

To clarify, the only thing I see in the project that is not AutoIt code is the 7-Zip dll

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

2 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Does that mean that you posted a non-AutoIt created project at an AutoIt forum

On the left side of the page he links to is a C++ section, under that is the C++ version of this project. This one is listed under the AutoIt section on his site.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Oh, I first wrote the Project in AutoIt, my first programming-language. Then I wanted to learn a new language (C/C++), so I took the project and rewrote it.

I did not want to say, that AutoIt is bad. AutoIt is very cool and simple. A good language to get a cool Gui-Application very fast, or automate something. Only when its about speed, I would say, better use Java or C/C++.

I'm more active at the german Autoit-Forum (autoit.de). So, do not think, I lost AutoIt out of my eyes ;)

With best regards, Kanashius :)

PS: I must say, my webside look terrible^^ I'm working at a rework, but this time I want to make it better, so I take the time I need :P

Edited by Kanashius

Fair enough. :D

BrewManNH is braver than me ... I like things spelled out before I take the leap. ;)

With any luck, your program will now get more interest. :lol:

P.S. Though I see it has indeed had much interest, now including mine, as I just downloaded all. THANKS for sharing! :thumbsup:

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

8 hours ago, TheSaint said:

BrewManNH is braver than me

Sandboxie for the win.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

On 3/5/2016 at 11:47 PM, BrewManNH said:

Sandboxie for the win.

Only when I have to, other than that I find it more trouble than it is worth most of the time ... but then I am on a slow machine and connection, and things take long enough to do as is.

Spoiler

userbar.png