Get Network Adapter info from another PC in workgroup

Considering the OP's Access Denied error, that tells me that the WMI is running but authentication failed, which is bizarre since you can browse to C$ and ADMIN$.

Did you enable remote management on the other computers?

I opened an elevated command prompt and ran the following command on the target PC:

winrm quickconfig

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>winrm quickconfig
WinRM is not set up to receive requests on this machine.
The following changes must be made:

Set the WinRM service type to delayed auto start.
Start the WinRM service.
Configure LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy to grant administrative rights remotely to local users.

Make these changes [y/n]? y

WinRM has been updated to receive requests.

WinRM service type changed successfully.
WinRM service started.
Configured LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy to grant administrative rights remotely to local users.
WinRM is not set up to allow remote access to this machine for management.
The following changes must be made:

Create a WinRM listener on HTTP://* to accept WS-Man requests to any IP on this machine.
Enable the WinRM firewall exception.

Make these changes [y/n]? y

WinRM has been updated for remote management.

Created a WinRM listener on HTTP://* to accept WS-Man requests to any IP on this machine.
WinRM firewall exception enabled.

C:\Windows\system32>

I thought it was interesting that the program's output recommended adding the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy key, which I had already done. Made me think I was on the right track.

I rebooted the target PC and then tried the OP code, but the above changes still did not prevent the Access Denied errors.

Stymied.

Well I need to ask if you tried disabling the fire wall on a target computer, even though you probably have.

This is the remote admin command I was referring to. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc738900(v=WS.10).aspx

As far as the other methods, Google is your friend.

I believe you can use the reg command and specify a remote computer not sure the syntax. and powershell can do all kinds of wonderful things.(may need a command-let)

In truth though sometimes simple is the best way, and having a startup script on the computers that dumps that info some place for you to retrieve might be the easiest.

Edited by ravaged1
spelling