Encryption Algorithm Developing

Hi Guys! I've got some questions to ask you. I'm currently working at an Encryption tool. I've already made up the UI Interface. Can you give me some theory about how to create a new encryption algorithm that is different from the encryption alghoritms we find in the UDFs?

I need the basic of the encryption algorithms creation.

Thanks in advance!

Google is your friend.  I'd recommend researching how some of today's encryption standards work to give you an idea of what "it's going to take".  Also, I feel obligated to mention that developing a solid encryption scheme is no trivial task.  There is a lot of math involved and it takes care and diligence to design a robust encryption algo (minimal collisions, key strength, crypt analysis protection).  Additionally, AutoIt, being an interpreted language, will have significant performance issues compared to a compiled "closer to the die" language like ASM, C or C++.

I don't mean to discourage...it's just a very big task that usually takes teams of developers to do it right.  As far as learning about existing algos and how hey work, Wiki is a good place to start.  I also really like this flash animation that visualizes the AES encryption process: http://www.formaestudio.com/rijndaelinspector/archivos/Rijndael_Animation_v4_eng.swf

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

Google is your friend.  I'd recommend researching how some of today's encryption standards work to give you an idea of what "it's going to take".  Also, I feel obligated to mention that developing a solid encryption scheme is no trivial task.  There is a lot of math involved and it takes care and diligence to design a robust encryption algo (minimal collisions, key strength, crypt analysis protection).  Additionally, AutoIt, being an interpreted language, will have significant performance issues compared to a compiled "closer to the die" language like ASM, C or C++.

I don't mean to discourage...it's just a very big task that usually takes teams of developers to do it right.  As far as learning about existing algos and how hey work, Wiki is a good place to start.  I also really like this flash animation that visualizes the AES encryption process: http://www.formaestudio.com/rijndaelinspector/archivos/Rijndael_Animation_v4_eng.swf

Good Luck!

thanks!

If you want to look at a tool that has been created using AutoIt (not the encryption algorithm) just to see a structure or to go off from it, you can always look at my Short-Order Encrypter tool in my signature. ^_^

P.S - here is an older example of someone on the AutoIt forum creating an encryption algorithm.

Edited by MikahS
example

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ