Help with some script

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to pull some data from a range of XML files but am getting stuck. It is only returning blank results. My thought process was to:

a: Get a list of all the XML file names into an array;
b: Scroll through the array one by one and pull the relevant 4 values from the specified node.

This is my code:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

$Workingdir = FileSelectFolder("Select the working folder", "C:\Files\")

$i = 1
    Global $aFileList = _FileListToArray($Workingdir , "*.xml")

If @error = 1 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Path was invalid.")
        Exit
    EndIf
    If @error = 4 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were found.")
        Exit
    EndIf
    ; Display the results returned by _FileListToArray.

$oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    $oXML.load($aFile)

$oNodes = $oXML.selectNodes("//photo")
    Do
        $oNode = $oNodes.nextNode()
        $t = $oNode.text

;If $t = '' Then
        ;   Msgbox(0,'','Search returned 0 results. Contact support.')
        ;   Exit
        ;EndIf

ConsoleWrite($aFileList[$i] & ': Value: '& $t & @CRLF)

FileWriteLine("event.txt",$t)
        $i = $i + 1
    Until $i = $aFileList[0]

I can get the XML function to work when it is a single file to read but I can have hundreds of files to go through in one hit. Any help you can offer would be great. 

Thanks

Mike.

Edited by fearless1

But there is a parameter you can set to return the fullpath. Help file tells you.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You want to Show XML Files within an Array right? Then Look in Help File at _WinApi_IsPathContentType

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <WinAPIShPath.au3>

Local $sFileList = _FileListToArray(@SystemDir, '*.*', 1)
Local $aSortList[UBound($sFileList) - 1]
Local $iCount = 0

For $i = 1 To $sFileList[0]
    If _WinAPI_PathIsContentType($sFileList[$i], 'text/xml') Then
        $aSortList[$iCount] = $sFileList[$i]
        $iCount += 1
    EndIf
Next
If $iCount Then
    ReDim $aSortList[$iCount]
Else
    Exit
EndIf

_ArrayDisplay($aSortList, '_WinAPI_PathIsContentType')

This is the Example of it and it Shows the XML files ^-^

• C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~

If you want to read XML °-° then look for the XML UDF

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/19848-xml-dom-wrapper-com/?page=38#comment-1245937

You can Read with this UDF XML Files and if u want to write the readed text anywhere °-°

Edited by RaiNote
  • C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~