Zip file becomes corrupt.

Because it's not a rar archive, it's an empty file that just happens to have .rar as a file extension.

Imagine Jimmy giving you an envelope and tells you it contains an apple pie recipe. So you go in the kitchen, take out the paper and look at the paper expecting a list of ingredients and instructions, but instead it's a blank piece of paper. So you go back to Jimmy and tell him "you said this was an apple pie recipe, but when I tried to use it as an apple pie recipe, it turned out the paper was blank. This is not an apple pie recipe, even though you told me it was."

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Because it's not a rar archive, it's an empty file that just happens to have .rar as a file extension.

Imagine Jimmy giving you an envelope and tells you it contains an apple pie recipe. So you go in the kitchen, take out the paper and look at the paper expecting a list of ingredients and instructions, but instead it's a blank piece of paper. So you go back to Jimmy and tell him "you said this was an apple pie recipe, but when I tried to use it as an apple pie recipe, it turned out the paper was blank. This is not an apple pie recipe, even though you told me it was."

So, how would I go about creating a proper archive then, with AutoIT3? 

Another option is to directly execute the executable of your favorite zip tool with the necessary commandline arguments. Winzip, winrar and 7zip (and probably most other serious tools as well) support commandline usage.

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.