New to this need some pointers

Let me preface this by saying i know nothing at all about scripting or programming. what i am attempting to create is a gui technician toolkit that pulls all its files from a ftp location and launches them on whatever customer computer. i also need it to take notes of what buttons were clicked so it generates a log at the end of what tools were used. this is for cleaning computers infected with virus and malware. this is the gui i created using scite, i just need to figure out how to get it to download the programs listed on the buttons and automate the launch process. any help would be greatly appreciated

gui.PNG

A preliminary search indicates to me that you should look into the following functions in the helpfile.

_FTP_Open
_FTP_Connect
_FTP_FileGet
_FTP_Close

I can't really help you furthur because I've never used these functions.  Also, there are no examples associated with them in the helpfile. Not completely true actually.

As far as associating that with a button, there should be variables associated with the buttons.  You can use these in a loop in which GUIGetMsg is called repeatedly.  Like this:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Global $hGUI = GUICreate("My GUI")

Global $hButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("My Button", 10, 10)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNORMAL, $hGUI)

Do
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $hButton
            MsgBox($IDOK, "MsgBox", """My Button"" was clicked")

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch   
Until False

Edited by jaberwacky

Well, you said it pulls them from an ftp location.  Keeping in mind I'm not privy to all of the details of your script.  I only know what you tell me.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by launch from a http location?  You mean just open the websites for those programs?

Well, you said it pulls them from an ftp location.  Keeping in mind I'm not privy to all of the details of your script.  I only know what you tell me.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by launch from a http location?  You mean just open the websites for those programs?

yes i can just have it pull the tools from download links from the developers sites if thats easier. im trying to make this as easy as possible