Windows 10 release 29th of July

jvanegmond

• Moderators

I will say, then, that our experiences in the publishing world vary greatly, and leave it at that. It will be interesting to see the content either way.

And...

Edit: For Dummies generally contains very abstract information, which makes the changes even less big of a deal.

is pretty much the precise point I was making.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Cheers @Manadar

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Some people have reported success by opening the hidden folder on their C: drive called $windows.~BT and starting the install manually. The folder appears if you signed up for Windows 10 release through an unknown method. Presumably it is downloaded. 8)

It was downloaded. For most of our PCs this was done automatically, starting 3 days ago. If you've noticed that your internet connection speed dropped at some point, you probably already have the download :) 

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

I would not prefer downloading the windows 10 update automatically, I am already near my FUP limit of my ISP (19.5 GB used, 20 GB limit) :(

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I've not upgraded yet.

Still need to image my system before upgrading and making a new image.

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

• Administrators

You can now manually initiate the update by going here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Just using the tool now to download Windows 10 Pro to my games machine. Doesn't matter if that goes wrong - there's no data on it. 

Quick download. I read that Microsoft had reserved 40 TB/s of CDN bandwidth for today. :wtf:

It's slower writing the download to my USB than it was downloading. I need to get some faster USBs :) 

Edited by Jon

You can now manually initiate the update by going here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Yeah ive got all my media from there today using the creation tool

I will, once I'm sure it will work, I don't want to waste ?GB download if it's not you see.

Its a 3GB download for Home version John

@Manadar if you right click the taskbar you can uncheck the nasty search bar on the left which makes it look a lot better,its Bing related anyway

Edited by Chimaera

So I've got all my updates done and everything backed up. Now I'm moving my backup files to a different HD and when that's done I'll be ready for the move to Win10

However, I'm at work and am wondering if I will be able to perform the update remotely

Not sure if I'm going to like this...

It's a little laggy and slow on my pc right now and it's not as smooth a transition as was lead to believe (things like teamviewer are in the start with windows, but doesn't)

Trying to get everything set and ready to make my win10 image so we'll see if it gets better. In the meantime, if there's any tips, I'm all ears.